ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mindhunter89
Newly Registered

Re: March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

Post by mindhunter89 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:30 am

Morning guys No one got approval from first week ... Strange but happy that I'm not Alone :D

ilrholder79
Newly Registered

Post by ilrholder79 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:12 pm

Afternoon

I applied on the 23rd of March Through NCS and fee taken 30th of March, STill waiting!!!!!

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Wed May 27, 2015 12:30 pm

mindhunter89 wrote:Morning guys No one got approval from first week ... Strange but happy that I'm not Alone :D
Yeah, you are definitely not alone :D I don't think I've seen one single applicant got approval from first week of March and I hope it's a good sign and it means HO will look after our applications very very soon! :)

Amz15
Newly Registered

Post by Amz15 » Wed May 27, 2015 1:11 pm

ironmaiden wrote:
mindhunter89 wrote:Morning guys No one got approval from first week ... Strange but happy that I'm not Alone :D
Yeah, you are definitely not alone :D I don't think I've seen one single applicant got approval from first week of March and I hope it's a good sign and it means HO will look after our applications very very soon! :)
They've sent all my original documents back in the prepaid envelope which was sent with my original application but no approval letter. I didn't request them but still they've sent them back. Has anyone else received their documents back without requesting them?

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Wed May 27, 2015 1:17 pm

Amz when did you apply ?

Amz15
Newly Registered

Post by Amz15 » Wed May 27, 2015 1:22 pm

tulip11 wrote:Amz when did you apply ?
We, myself and my wife, applied on the 4th March. They received our application on the 5th March.

testconsul
Newly Registered

Post by testconsul » Wed May 27, 2015 1:39 pm

Amz15 wrote:
ironmaiden wrote:
They've sent all my original documents back in the prepaid envelope which was sent with my original application but no approval letter. I didn't request them but still they've sent them back. Has anyone else received their documents back without requesting them?

----------------------
No documents or approval received. I had applied on 21st March. I have sent special delivery envelope and tracked it but no update so waiting is on! :roll:

Jani2015
Newly Registered

Post by Jani2015 » Wed May 27, 2015 6:03 pm

update
Iv received my approval today dated 15 may.thanks all and best of luck to rest of you

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Wed May 27, 2015 6:47 pm

Jani2015 wrote:update
Iv received my approval today dated 15 may.thanks all and best of luck to rest of you
Thats great congrats :)

Waitnc
Newly Registered

Post by Waitnc » Wed May 27, 2015 6:50 pm

Well look like a pause in March application
Jan applicant got approval last 2week
Don't know if assumption is correct?
[quote="testconsul"][quote="Amz15"][quote="ironmaiden"][quote="mindhunter89"]Morning guys No one got approval from first week ... Strange but happy with

Jani2015
Newly Registered

Post by Jani2015 » Wed May 27, 2015 7:11 pm

tulip11 wrote:
Thats great congrats :)
Thanks tulip i hope u get ur soon

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Thu May 28, 2015 8:11 am

Congrates - this means they have not completely stopped working!

gg1001

Post by gg1001 » Thu May 28, 2015 3:37 pm

hi ,

thnks for ur reply still no ceremony letter from home office called council yesterday no information with them....emailed the home office .now waiting for there reply

1) just want to clarify few things regarding my wife application ,she will be applying soon as the spouse of the british citizen

in the new form there is a question" If your partner is a naturalised British citizen enter date they were granted this citizenship"

is this date will be when I will be getting the certificate or the date on the letter of approval

2) she will be sending the application by post also in the form section 6 it says.....

"SECTION 6 Evidence of marriage for applications made on the basis of marriage or civil partnership to a British citizen.
• Your spouse’s or civil partner’s current passport or naturalisation/registration certificate showing that he/she is a British citizen. If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your spouse’s or civil partner’s current passport. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages; And
• The marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate"

so she need to send my original naturalisation certificate and ppt copy including the blank pages or just the original naturalisation certificate with the marriage certificate will do the job or shud I send my original ppt and naturalisation certificate and marriage certificate

jaweb wrote:
gg1001 wrote:hi,

just wana chk how long it will take for the ceremony letter to come thru applied thru post ......chkd with council on 22/05 they haven't received the certificate yet .

can my wife apply for naturalisation once I get my certificate or I have to get the british ppt first

can some1 pls tell me docs needed for my wife naturalisation applying as the partner of the british citizen

gg1001 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 Years Tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met - Life in the UK & Master Degree from India along with printout of pbs calculator(same used in ilr)
Method of application: Self Post (Also sent a return envelope for them to return my docs Special Delivery)
Council name if: N/A
Date of application: 25 March 2015
Payment method: Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 27 March 2015
Date of acknowledgment: TBA
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 14/04/2015
Date approval received: 18/05/2015
Date of ceremony: TBA

called council hasn't got my details yet ...the next ceremony is on 20/05/2015 will try calling again ,hopefully will get the certificate on wednesday

Can take up to 2 weeks. Especially now it's bank holiday again so it may be later. If 2 weeks are gone and not heard anything then I would call HO

YOUR wife can apply as a spouse of BC as soon as you get the certificate. The passport is for TRAVELLING as it is a travel document.

Your wife needs your certificate, her passport and proof she has been resident for at least 3 years of UK

afnadim
Newly Registered

Post by afnadim » Thu May 28, 2015 6:10 pm

I am still waiting .applied 30th of march...:(

Kiwimel123
Newly Registered

Post by Kiwimel123 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:49 pm

I'm still waiting! Applied 17th March with a very straightforward application. Think they are leaving the easy ones till last Tulip! :D :D

mindhunter89
Newly Registered

Post by mindhunter89 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:15 pm

Applied 2nd of March and still waiting ... I requested docs back 2 months ago . For speed awareness course thank God they sent it back on time otherwise it was 3 points on my licence. They can have my application as long as they want now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Waitnc
Newly Registered

Post by Waitnc » Fri May 29, 2015 8:10 am

Dear Marchians
Let's wish for Friday
Praying for a pleasent news today
Regards

kiransrose
Newly Registered

Post by kiransrose » Fri May 29, 2015 9:51 am

mindhunter89 wrote:Applied 2nd of March and still waiting ... I requested docs back 2 months ago . For speed awareness course thank God they sent it back on time otherwise it was 3 points on my licence. They can have my application as long as they want now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hi mindhunter89,

Could you please tell us how long did it take to get back the documents. Also was there any information with the returned documents, i-e Home office has photocopied them, or they will ask for the documents again.

Also could you please let me know if they have returned all documents or some of your documents.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

mindhunter89
Newly Registered

Post by mindhunter89 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:11 am

kiransrose wrote:
mindhunter89 wrote:Applied 2nd of March and still waiting ... I requested docs back 2 months ago . For speed awareness course thank God they sent it back on time otherwise it was 3 points on my licence. They can have my application as long as they want now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hi mindhunter89,

Could you please tell us how long did it take to get back the documents. Also was there any information with the returned documents, i-e Home office has photocopied them, or they will ask for the documents again.

Also could you please let me know if they have returned all documents or some of your documents.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Actually I called them and told them that I need my docs back ASAP and he put me on hold to find out who is my caseworker then he told me my assigned caseworker will contact me shortly thereafter my caseworker rang me and told me I can request my docs back and I need to do it online and It won't effect my application... I requested my docs online straightaway but only mentioned driving license but they sent all my supporting documents including passport back and letter saying that thank you for your request and we can request your documents back if we need them again ... They sent them back in my returned special delivery envelope and it took about 1 week...

kiransrose
Newly Registered

Post by kiransrose » Fri May 29, 2015 10:15 am

mindhunter89 wrote: Actually I called them and told them that I need my docs back ASAP and he put me on hold to find out who is my caseworker then he told me my assigned caseworker will contact me shortly thereafter my caseworker rang me and told me I can request my docs back and I need to do it online and It won't effect my application... I requested my docs online straightaway but only mentioned driving license but they sent all my supporting documents including passport back and letter saying that thank you for your request and we can request your documents back if we need them again ... They sent them back in my returned special delivery envelope and it took about 1 week...
HI mindhunter89,

Thank you very much for your swift response, much appreciated. This forum is an ACE.

Kind Regards

wazzmyname
Newly Registered

Post by wazzmyname » Fri May 29, 2015 11:15 am

Hi guys, I applied on the 11th and am still waiting...

Eligibility criteria: 5 Year (Tier 1) + 1 year (ILR)
Language criteria met - Life in the UK and UK degree
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Basingstoke
Date of application: 11-03-2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: Should be the 12th or 13th according to NCS
Date of acknowledgment: 23-03-2015 however letter dated on 18-03-2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 18-03-2015
Date approval received: N/A
Date of ceremony: N/A

hestervanderpoll

Post by hestervanderpoll » Fri May 29, 2015 2:57 pm

Just curious as to why the passport office has returned my
documents back to me so fast. I sent off my application
on Tuesday. I have just been told that my passport is
being processed. Very fast. Hope all is okay.
Applied 16 March 2015
Received at ho 17 March 2015
Fee robbed 26 March 2015
Acknowledgment letter 26 March 2015
Approval 12 May 2015
ceremony date 20 May 2015
Passport application date 26 May 2015
Return of documents from passport office 29 May 2015

Knowledge_is_Power

Post by Knowledge_is_Power » Fri May 29, 2015 6:39 pm

hestervanderpoll wrote:Just curious as to why the passport office has returned my
documents back to me so fast. I sent off my application
on Tuesday. I have just been told that my passport is
being processed. Very fast. Hope all is okay.
Congrats again. Post it in British Passport Applications Processing Timelines [only], brother.

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Fri May 29, 2015 6:45 pm

I called HO few days ago regarding change of address as I wasn't sure if I have put the right address on the website. Got a call back from nationality team who can see the case. I got the address sorted but also asked if they already sent me anything or if my application is approved etc. and unfortunately he said "there is no decision yet" :( Looks like I don't have to keep an eye for posts next week :)

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Fri May 29, 2015 7:38 pm

ironmaiden wrote:I called HO few days ago regarding change of address as I wasn't sure if I have put the right address on the website. Got a call back from nationality team who can see the case. I got the address sorted but also asked if they already sent me anything or if my application is approved etc. and unfortunately he said "there is no decision yet" :( Looks like I don't have to keep an eye for posts next week :)
Btw what I know they never tells you about decision on phone whether its in your favour or not and before 6 months they dont disclose anything relevant to decision .So who knows next week is yours . Good luck :)