ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual National, EEA Spouse and Dependant Mother

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faizy
Newly Registered

Dual National, EEA Spouse and Dependant Mother

Post by faizy » Fri May 29, 2015 10:41 am

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you all are fine! I found this forum very useful and you all people are doing wonderful jobs. I personally thanks and prays to those whose useful advise saved a lot of my time and money.

I have been searching the similar question, but cannot found the similar circumstances. I am now British this year but holding the dual nationality (non-EEA). Previously, I was depandent on my EEA spouse. I had 5 years RC, then 1 year PR and now become BC.

My wife is European with Permanant Residence. My mother who is Non-EEA totally depandent on us (I and my EEA wife) and we have been sending regular money for the last three years. Now the circumstances of my mother's health is very critical and she can barely walk due to her joints problem. I can proof all the dependancies etc. However, my question is that am I eligible to apply for EEA FAMILY PERMIT for my mother. I could not find any specific law for BC with NON- EEA DUAL NATIONALITY HOLDER legislation on the EEA Directives' website and wondering if you could help me. You could imagine the person's situation who cannot walk and nobody around her to help for her food and other necessities.

I would be grateful if you could adivce me and I would be much appreciated and thankful all of my life!!

el patron
Member of Standing

Re: Dual National, EEA Spouse and Dependant Mother

Post by el patron » Fri May 29, 2015 10:57 am

My understanding is that your mother would apply for an EEA family Permit on the basis of her establishing dependency on your EEA national wife, though arguably as you are married to her the dependency could still be on you, but you however would not be classed as an EEA sponsor because of your British nationality. I don't see how the dual-nationality can be a problem for your mother's application as she can qualify through your non-British EEA wife and she is classed as a direct family member which helps.

faizy
Newly Registered

Post by faizy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:37 am

Thanks El paton
Just wondering as I don't want to loose other options I.e. Family visit visa if HO refused EEA FP on the ground of N/A.
Please can someone confirmed advice me. That would be much appreciated.

faizy
Newly Registered

Post by faizy » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:20 pm

Hey guys, I understand you all are busy. I really need to apply this week and would be grateful if anyone advise based on my situation . Much appreciated

faizy
Newly Registered

Post by faizy » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:07 pm

Its seems that nobody know the answer....Thanks anyway!! I will try other forums and they might help me. :cry: