ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for older Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

epa123
Newly Registered

Visa for older Parents

Post by epa123 » Fri May 29, 2015 5:44 pm

I cant find the link any more on the gov.uk website about parents visa. I wanted to call them for family visit visa for few months I'm working and have a big enough house etc, my parents doesn't work both 60+ I send them money every month, they own a house there though. The fact that I'm sending money to them cause issues ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Visa for older Parents

Post by Casa » Fri May 29, 2015 5:53 pm

It will now be a Standard Visitor Visa. I'm assuming you're intending your parents visit and not settle?
https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Fri May 29, 2015 6:32 pm

epa123 wrote:I cant find the link any more on the gov.uk website about parents visa. I wanted to call them for family visit visa for few months I'm working and have a big enough house etc, my parents doesn't work both 60+ I send them money every month, they own a house there though. The fact that I'm sending money to them cause issues ?
The fact that you are sending money to them is evidence that you support them, but they will have to show ties to their home country which is incentive to return after the proposed visit.

epa123
Newly Registered

Post by epa123 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:35 am

Thank you, still not sure how we can show ties to their county, they have own a house there and some money on fixed deposit at local banks, will that be enough ?

I'm showing money for their expenses here, idea is to for them to come and see the county 1st if they like it then go home and apply for settlement visa from there. they qualify for that as they don't have any one to look after them. they dont get pension etc. trouble is they never been here, I don't want to apply for visa for 3k + lawyer fees and they decided to go home in few months saying it's cold or what ever.

you guys think it's better to apply for the settlement visa ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:46 am

epa123 wrote:you guys think it's better to apply for the settlement visa ?
Probably much more difficult than a visitor visa.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:08 am

epa123 wrote:Thank you, still not sure how we can show ties to their county, they have own a house there and some money on fixed deposit at local banks, will that be enough ?

I'm showing money for their expenses here, idea is to for them to come and see the county 1st if they like it then go home and apply for settlement visa from there. they qualify for that as they don't have any one to look after them. they dont get pension etc. trouble is they never been here, I don't want to apply for visa for 3k + lawyer fees and they decided to go home in few months saying it's cold or what ever.

Suggest visit visa...property documents would help and evidence of you supporting them i.e sending money home. Do they have extended family back home if yes providing their support letter and contact details may show more ties (usually not provided).

Suggest you compile up a list of documents you intend to submitted and members will give more personal opinions .

epa123
Newly Registered

Post by epa123 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:40 am

Thanks Vinny and terriblescream I had a quick read of the document vinny posted , so visitors visa then I will get all the documents and post it before I apply, I wont go for a solicitor for this,

For settlement I will as it's will be 3k now but when I apple it will be 5k :-)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:33 pm

Have you read Vinny's links thoroughly? Unless [b]both of your parents require daily care[/b] for basic tasks such as washing and dressing etc and you are either unable to afford to pay for the care in their home country, or it isn't available (even if paid for) then the settlement visa will be refused. Be aware that if a settlement visa application fails, it is unlikely they will be granted a visitor visa in the future.
This door for settlement of elderly dependants is virtually closed now.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

epa123
Newly Registered

Post by epa123 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:49 pm

Thanks Casa wow I didn't read the whole thing obviously. going to apply for visitor visa for now.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:05 pm

Sorry it wasn't better news.
(Casa, not CR001)

ismail.desai
Newly Registered

Post by ismail.desai » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:24 pm

epa123 wrote:Thank you, still not sure how we can show ties to their county, they have own a house there and some money on fixed deposit at local banks, will that be enough ?

hi mate

my fathers visa got refused few weeks ago and they said he did not show stronge ties to his country so i suggest you gather all your supporting documents before applying or he will be refused. These days they dont even give the right to appeal or administrative review.
Good Luck