ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

90-day rule

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SAPIENT
BANNED

90-day rule

Post by SAPIENT » Thu May 28, 2015 11:35 pm

dear friends,

i hope you all are doing good.

i got my ilr around december 2014. i am eligible for naturalisation in december 2015.

now, i spent the whole of january outside uk - partly to take care of family back home. now, im probably going to be deputed to germany / europe for a work ( or gain permanent employment in germany) with my primary residence being in uk / wife working in london / et al.

i might break the 90-day in such a case - what happens if the total number of days outside uk is around 120 days in last 12 month + assuming all other requirements are satisfactory?

many thanks,
sapient

SAPIENT
BANNED

Re: 90-day rule

Post by SAPIENT » Fri May 29, 2015 12:35 pm

Dear Friends,

Please can you help me on this query?.

I do understand a lot depends on the "case worker" with the amount of documents and evidence i support.

has anyone been in my shoes in the past?

many thanks
Sapient

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri May 29, 2015 12:56 pm

SAPIENT wrote:dear friends,

i hope you all are doing good.

i got my ilr around december 2014. i am eligible for naturalisation in december 2015.

now, i spent the whole of january outside uk - partly to take care of family back home. now, im probably going to be deputed to germany / europe for a work ( or gain permanent employment in germany) with my primary residence being in uk / wife working in london / et al.

i might break the 90-day in such a case - what happens if the total number of days outside uk is around 120 days in last 12 month + assuming all other requirements are satisfactory?

many thanks,
sapient
See section 5.1.2 in this link, you'd have to ask for discretion if you go above, provide a polite cover letter for that.
But be careful in calculating the full absent days, section 2.2 of the same link above, it tells that only whole days' absences should be counted (see s. 50(10)(b) of BNA 1981). The dates of departure and arrival are not to be counted as absences. So see if you fall under the required absences then. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sat May 30, 2015 10:41 am

Yoh probably get discretion on few days but not on 3 months over the limit....i very much doubt on that...

SAPIENT
BANNED

Post by SAPIENT » Sat May 30, 2015 12:09 pm

thank you guys. so, 120 days is a bit risky but 100 days might not?.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 30, 2015 12:24 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.