ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

devmanda1ia

Interview questions

Post by devmanda1ia » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:44 am

Hi,

I am submitting my wife's visa file in November as a dependant. I am on work permit in the UK.

In case she is called for interview, what questions she will be asked?

I would appreciate any help from anyone.

Regards,

Dev

hsmpwpilr

Post by hsmpwpilr » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:32 am

Dev,

The BHC wants to ensure that the applicant is legally your wife and you both have continuous relationship since the marriage. They need a proof that you can economically support yourself and your wife once she arrives in UK without the help of public funds.

If you provide all the needed evidence (marriage certificate, your salary slips, employment letter, residence proof etc.), it's very rare that they call for an interview.

They would probably ask

1. When and where did the marriage take place ?
2. She has sufficient knowledge about you (such as your work, company you are working, your date of birth etc)
3. It'll be helpful if she carries the wedding invitation, wedding pictures and any correspondence between you if you are living apart for a while.

They would probably check the answers against the details filled in the application form and the documents/evidence you supplied.

I hope this helps.

Regards

tinux

Post by tinux » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:13 pm

Hi

The law is one thing but reality and practice is another.
When you apply take notice that :
the onus is on you to prove beyond doubt that you are really a couple. ie having a marriage contract is not a fact. you need to expect that they will doubt that so you need to back that up with photos video whatever you can.
with finances
you need to have enough savings backed up with facts ie having a lump sum as saving can look dodgy cos anyone can borrow money and pretend he or she has savings. so think hard.

job

you need proper pay slips: my friend sent proper pay slips and still was refused because they though he made them up it took him 2 years of appeal before his wife was allowed and about £2000 of waste of money in legal fees.
so if you have payslips make sure you also have a letter of employment and that the money on the bank statement maches the payslips

finally
the accomodation , make sure you get a letter from landlord to allow your Mrs to reside there once she is in the Uk

the above may seem logic but remember you are guilty of fraud until you prove you are innocent that is how the embassy you treat you as a couple.

i say
take all your documents and ask a third party to look at them again just to be sure.
9 out 10 it should be ok but sadly it is alway the 1% that loose out for a long time.
Good luck