ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dep and New Baby or Spouse/Child Visa after Father ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

premamanivannan
Newly Registered

PBS Dep and New Baby or Spouse/Child Visa after Father ILR

Post by premamanivannan » Sat May 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Hi.. one of my friend is in Tier 1 PBS visa and going to apply for ILR in FEB 2016, and his wife was in UK for 8 months (Jun 2014-Jan 2015) as PBS Dependent and went back to India for delivery on JAN 2015 and child was born there(April 2015). Now plan is Mother alone will travel back to UK in NOV 2015 with her existing visa (Valid until FEB 2016) and planning to bring his child once he gets ILR in FEB 2016. What visa should he need to apply for his Wife and Child after getting ILR?

1. If Mother extends her PBS dependent visa, what Visa should he need to apply for His Child?
2. If Mother switch to FLR(M), What Visa is applicable for the Child?

It will be helpful if anyone could suggest with the cost effective and reliable. Thanks!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 PBS Dependent and New Baby

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2015 1:12 pm

premamanivannan wrote:Hi.. one of my friend is in Tier 1 PBS visa and going to apply for ILR in FEB 2016, and his wife was in UK for 8 months (Jun 2014-Jan 2015) as PBS Dependent and went back to India for delivery on JAN 2015 and child was born there(April 2015). Now plan is Mother alone will travel back to UK in NOV 2015 with her existing visa (Valid until FEB 2016) and planning to bring his child once he gets ILR in FEB 2016.

What visa should he need to apply for his Wife and Child after getting ILR? they can continue on PBS dependent.

1. If Mother extends her PBS dependent visa, what Visa should he need to apply for His Child? PBS dependent, leave will be granted in line with mothers visa.
2. If Mother switch to FLR(M), What Visa is applicable for the Child? child settlement visa and he will need to meet the financial requirement and both mother and child will need to pay the IHS surcharge of £200 per year X 33 months = £600 each on top of the visa fees.

It will be helpful if anyone could suggest with the cost effective and reliable. Thanks!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

premamanivannan
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 PBS Dependent and New Baby

Post by premamanivannan » Sat May 30, 2015 10:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
premamanivannan wrote:Hi.. one of my friend is in Tier 1 PBS visa and going to apply for ILR in FEB 2016, and his wife was in UK for 8 months (Jun 2014-Jan 2015) as PBS Dependent and went back to India for delivery on JAN 2015 and child was born there(April 2015). Now plan is Mother alone will travel back to UK in NOV 2015 with her existing visa (Valid until FEB 2016) and planning to bring his child once he gets ILR in FEB 2016.

What visa should he need to apply for his Wife and Child after getting ILR? they can continue on PBS dependent.

1. If Mother extends her PBS dependent visa, what Visa should he need to apply for His Child? PBS dependent, leave will be granted in line with mothers visa.
2. If Mother switch to FLR(M), What Visa is applicable for the Child? child settlement visa and he will need to meet the financial requirement and both mother and child will need to pay the IHS surcharge of £200 per year X 33 months = £600 each on top of the visa fees.

Thanks for the information..now we are clear enough...but want to know whether all the dependent (in this case-wife & child) should be in the same visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dep and New Baby or Spouse/Child Visa after Father I

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2015 10:30 pm

Yes, child's visa will be issued in line with mothers visa if mother is on PBS Dependent. Child settlement visa will be applicable if both parents have ILR or if your wife switches to FLR(M) spouse of settled person visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

premamanivannan
Newly Registered

Post by premamanivannan » Sat May 30, 2015 10:40 pm

CR001 wrote:Yes, child's visa will be issued in line with mothers visa if mother is on PBS Dependent. Child settlement visa will be applicable if both parents have ILR or if your wife switches to FLR(M) spouse of settled person visa.

Thank you soo much!! Really very helpful to make decisions.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2015 10:47 pm

Remember that if your spouse switches to FLR(M) when she returns to the UK, it will reset her clock towards ILR and she will have to wait another 5 years for ILR on FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)