ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to Ireland quite close to visit visa expiry date

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DingDong

Travelling to Ireland quite close to visit visa expiry date

Post by DingDong » Sun May 31, 2015 10:08 am

Hello fellow members,

I hope everybody is keeping well, so just as always putting out my question to take your input in the following scenario that is confusing me too much.

- Basically my mum & sister got there Visit/tourist visa & the dates on the visa sticker are as following.

Visa Start date on the sticker : 28 Apr 2015
Visa Finish date on the sticker : 27 Jul 2015

- Due to weddings in family and Ramadan coming we have decided to travel on the 21st of July 2015 meaning (6 days left for the visa to get expired)

- What my question here is it quite risky to travel on the date very near to your visa expiry date and if the authorities on every airport will be questioning us that why we leave it till the very end as it's only 5 or 6 days left for the visa to run out & what was the reason for such delays.

- So therefore for the above reason I will be going home myself to collect mum & sister as myself I am naturalized Irish, so just wondering if any body can shed some light what's the best way to tackle such a situation.

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Travelling to Ireland quite close to visit visa expiry d

Post by 110 » Sun May 31, 2015 11:42 am

The dates mentioned on the visa are the dates between which you may seek to enter the State.
It is a matter for the Immigration Officer at an Irish port of entry to determine whether you may enter the State and also the duration of your leave to remain.

Personally i do not think they should get any issue's anywhere, I don't even think there is a need for you to travel with them just for this purpose, it might be a good idea to print the following page and high light point number 3, if anyone asks they should keep the print out handy for their reference, however i highly doubt they will be asked question about why they decided to travel so late, plus the reason you have mentioned are completely valid also.

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Unders ... our%20Visa

rafa
Newly Registered

Post by rafa » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:40 pm

Visa has always been a great tension for everybody and recently it is the greatest for me. I have recently got visa for Ireland with 2 month validity but for some family problems its just impossible to go there. As this will take a long time the visa expiry date will be so close by then. So can anyone suggest me that will it be safe to go to visit that time or shall I be complained of any enquiries for such delay? Just want to know the best way to deal with the situation.

TIA.

Jonathan Agnew
Newly Registered

Post by Jonathan Agnew » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:03 pm

My personal suggestion would be that don’t worry, as they won’t ask stuff, I obviously can’t guarantee you on that , but that’s my view since usually they just ask the duration time of staying (leaving), so if that’s before the expiry date then it should not be any issue. I will say it’s completely safe.