ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with application time line

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Julian11

Re: Help with application time line

Post by Julian11 » Sun May 31, 2015 8:45 am

I was in a similar position originally myself and this is what the NCS and then HO said to confirm to them over the phone. I've never seen it written, though, and them saying it is the only time I have come across it. I don't quite understand why this would be the case, but that is what I was told anyway.

hungolad

Post by hungolad » Sun May 31, 2015 11:02 am

I see and thanks for your comment. It just doesn't seem to make sense at all. If I have 100k sitting in my bank account and have private health insurance and spend 5 years in the UK surely I would be eligible for PR as self-sufficient as I would meet all the criteria of self sufficiency. Following this logic I cant imagine why 2 months self sufficiency would be a problem.

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Sun May 31, 2015 11:52 am

I agree, but why they said otherwise I don't know! I didn't risk it though so I just removed the few weeks under self sufficiency at the start that I had.