ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Spouse visa renewal and NHS charge

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

majnoon
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Spouse visa renewal and NHS charge

Post by majnoon » Sun May 31, 2015 11:30 am

Good morning everyone,

My wife's spouse visa renewal is coming in few month and would like to get some advise while we start to prepare for all of the evidence.

1. Does she have to pay for the NHS surcharges. (Note She entered the UK on spouse visa on 29/06/2013 and her visa will expire in January 2016)

2. She has the certificate of English language exam that she did when she originally applied for visa in which she scored B1 and has a Level two English Qualification that she did when she arrived here in the UK. Are these enough or she needs to do a new exam.

3. She is currently few weeks pregnant and expecting around the same time as her renewal time. If all gose ok (figures crossed) and we get a baby before her applying for renewal will that affect the income minimum amount of 18600. (Note I am a British Citizen and earning around £21,000 She is currently working on a temporary contract part time and earning around £7,500 but this contract will end before her visa renewal).

your advice is appreciated.

regards,

vinny

Re: FLR(M) Spouse visa renewal and NHS charge

Post by vinny » Sun May 31, 2015 12:05 pm

1. Yes.
2. Should be enough.
3. No extra financial burden related to baby, if baby is British.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

majnoon
Newly Registered

Post by majnoon » Sun May 31, 2015 12:14 pm

thank you Vinny for the quick response. and one more question does she have to do the bio-metric thing required.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 31, 2015 12:18 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

majnoon
Newly Registered

Post by majnoon » Sun May 31, 2015 12:25 pm

Once more thank you so much for your prompt response.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun May 31, 2015 1:25 pm

majnoon wrote:2. She has the certificate of English language exam that she did when she originally applied for visa in which she scored B1 and has a Level two English Qualification that she did when she arrived here in the UK. Are these enough or she needs to do a new exam.
Since you have not mentioned the awarding body or title of the qualification, do double check if the qualifications will still be accepted. There has been a major change on 6 April 2015 and only two qualifications are on the SELT list. Since you are not applying closer to January 2016, qualifications from the transitional list can only be used until 5 November 2015:

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

Do keep yourself updated with the latest info on the gov website as there can be changes made between now and when you apply.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 31, 2015 1:48 pm

majnoon
Newly Registered

Post by majnoon » Sun May 31, 2015 1:51 pm

Thank You WR1,

I took your advice and just checked, I guess she will have to do the exam again. Language wise she is ok she will be able to pass the exam I was just hoping to save £150. let us just hope nothing changes between now and January.