ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for ILR Dependent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IlrDependent
Newly Registered

Citizenship for ILR Dependent

Post by IlrDependent » Sun May 31, 2015 4:57 pm

Hello All,

I am quite confused about my citizenship eligibility as I have heard so many different rules and I don't know which one will apply to me since the rules have changed several times. I was originally given tier-1 dependent visa in Jan-2013 and then moved to ILR dependent visa in May-2013.

My husband will apply for citizenship this month. Assuming he gets the citizenship, how soon will I be able to apply for Citizenship?

Many Thanks for your replies.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship for ILR Dependent

Post by CR001 » Sun May 31, 2015 5:35 pm

You have to spend 5 years as ILR Dependent / spouse visa before you qualify for ILR. Once you get ILR and if your spouse is British, then you can apply immediately for citizenship as the spouse of British Citizen.

In order to apply for citizenship, you have to have ILR and you will only be able to apply for ILR in 2018.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

IlrDependent
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship for ILR Dependent

Post by IlrDependent » Sun May 31, 2015 5:50 pm

Many Thanks CR001 for your reply.