ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First British passport documents required

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

black_bird

First British passport documents required

Post by black_bird » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:14 am

Hi all, trying to post out today the application for my first british passport after naturalisation. A question on documents to provide:
I only have the current foreign passport with me, but not the passport I came into the UK (from 8 years ago). Is it enough just to send in the current passport?

Please a quick reply would be appreciated, hope to post it out during lunch time :)

In the passport booklet it says:
First British passport - Naturalisation : 1. 2 photos; 2. Any uncancelled passports; 3. Certificated of naturalisation

On govenment website (https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-passport):
1. 2 photos; 2. your naturalisation or registration certificate
3. the passport you used to come into the UK or foreign passport you’re included on
I assume since it says OR in the above sentence it is okay just to send in the current passport, not the old ones?

Thanks very much!

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: First British passport documents required

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:01 pm

black_bird wrote:Hi all, trying to post out today the application for my first british passport after naturalisation. A question on documents to provide:
I only have the current foreign passport with me, but not the passport I came into the UK (from 8 years ago). Is it enough just to send in the current passport?

Please a quick reply would be appreciated, hope to post it out during lunch time :)

In the passport booklet it says:
First British passport - Naturalisation : 1. 2 photos; 2. Any uncancelled passports; 3. Certificated of naturalisation

On govenment website (https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-passport):
1. 2 photos; 2. your naturalisation or registration certificate
3. the passport you used to come into the UK or foreign passport you’re included on
I assume since it says OR in the above sentence it is okay just to send in the current passport, not the old ones?

Thanks very much!
Personally I'd send all just to avoid any confusion and keeping things simple. I sent my three passports (one current, two expired but not cancelled). Got interviewed and received passport in less than 10 days from application, so I'd request keep it simple and send all uncancelled passports. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

black_bird

Post by black_bird » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:14 am

fwd079 wrote:
Personally I'd send all just to avoid any confusion and keeping things simple. I sent my three passports (one current, two expired but not cancelled). Got interviewed and received passport in less than 10 days from application, so I'd request keep it simple and send all uncancelled passports. Good luck.

Thank you! Yes you are right, its good to keep things simple and provide all.

I will delay the application for few days and submit with all my past passports... (have to get them posted to me...)

Fremantle500
Newly Registered

Post by Fremantle500 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:07 am

Hi guys,
I am no expert but, I had the same query. In my case I have two passports, but needed to keep one as I need to travel overseas for work and at short notice.

I sent them an email explaining my circumstances and they have replied (within a day and a half!) advising that I can keep one but to send them a color copy of it. However, also stated that the assessor might request it if needed, and this may cause delays. The HMPO staff seemed to be very understanding with my predicament. My employer would take a very dim view if I said to them that I cannot travel for six weeks until the app is being assessed. So in my case I couldn't risk it - being unemployed I mean.

If anyone is in a similar predicament as above, my advise is that you too email them (I used the email address on the flyer enclosed with my citizenship cert) and keep the reply email in case anyone queries it later.

Will update later.

Can I also take this opportunity to thank everyone in this forum for helping me through the various stages of the visas to citizenship etc. It has helped minimize the stress levels by answering a lot of a ambiguity with the various processes. Thank you very much.

Good luck everyone.

Freemantle