ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant on ILR, need help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Joecage
Newly Registered

Dependant on ILR, need help

Post by Joecage » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:58 pm

I came to the UK in early 2010 under an Tire 2 ICT. My wife came on the Tire 2 ICT in late 2010. We got married in May 2012, but she continued on her independent ICT visa and me on mine. I got my ILR in Nov 2014. The problem is, my wife is still not eligible of ILR
1)because she came to they UK after April 2010
2)because she is still not on a dependant VISA

My questions are
Is there any way she could get an ILR considering the fact that we have been living together for 3 years, though on independent VISAs. Have the marriage certificate, council bills and a joint account to prove the same.
If there is no direct option for an ILR, what dependant VISA form should I be filling? The UKBA web site is very confusing in this case.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependant on ILR, need help

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:05 pm

Is there any way she could get an ILR considering the fact that we have been living together for 3 years, though on independent VISAs.
No, unfortunately there is not. She would only qualify if she was your dependent.
what dependant VISA form should I be filling?
She can apply as your dependent (spouse visa) on FLR(M). This will reset her clock to zero to qualify for ILR and she will have to wait a further 5 years (2 X FLR(M) apps of 2.5 years each) before she can apply for ILR or on 10 years long residence in 2020, which ever comes sooner.

FLR M Form (Click)

IHS Surcharge (Click)

She will also have to pay the new Immigration Health Surcharge IHS Surcharge (Click) which is £200 per year payable upfront for the duration of the visa, at point of application
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.