ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(IED) Processing procedures

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drewchad

Post by drewchad » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:13 pm

Does anyone know how this form is processed?

Do they firstly take payment, without looking at the application, then pass the application on to a processing department?

My situation:
My WHV is about to run out & I am hoping to have a HSMP decision in the next two weeks, but more than likely this will be decided after my WHV expires. I have sent in a FLR(IED) application on the advice of the HSMP team and what mjwall posted re: his correspondence with the IND. Although their advice seems contrary to the guidance notes that accompany the FLR(IED) form.

Do you think by the time they get to my FLR form, 3 months, I will have HSMP approval and everything will be fine? Or, do you think they do a preliminary scan of the application to see if an IED is held?

I personally think they just take the money initially because that means more money for them...

This would also be consistent with how the HSMP application is processed, ie in two parts - payment, then sit on a pile somewhere for six months.

apa
Newly Registered

Post by apa » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:38 pm

They first take the money even without looking at the remaining application.
They took the money off my card very next day they received the application.

There is no initial checks on FLR(IED), it gets picked up by a case worker straight away.
I guess instead of rejecting the application straight away they'll ask you for HSMP approval letter. It'll take 3 months for them to look at your FLR(IED) form by the time you'll receive your HSMP approval and when they demand it, you just send it to them and it should be fine.

Also, once you receive a applcation receipt letter with payment reference, that'll be your legal document to stay in UK.

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: FLR(IED) Processing procedures

Post by Chess » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:46 pm

drewchad wrote:My situation:
My WHV is about to run out & I am hoping to have a HSMP decision in the next two weeks, but more than likely this will be decided after my WHV expires. ...
drew,

Why did yoiu leave it so late before applying for HSMP. I hope your application was 'water tight' anfd that you provided all the authentic supporting documentation

Most likely the guyz at the payment handling centre in Cannock will take the money and then send the rest of the documents to Sheffield..

good luck
Where there is a will there is a way.

drewchad

Post by drewchad » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:59 am

Do you get sent acknowledgment of receipt on submission of FLR(IED) & if so what does it say?

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:09 pm

The receipt is acknowledged. It says that the FLR application has been received and a case worker will deal with it in due time and if there are any question they will get back to you. Also, urgent treatment is given only in exceptional cases as they have outlined in the urgent treatment application form.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:11 pm

drewchad wrote:Do you get sent acknowledgment of receipt on submission of FLR(IED) & if so what does it say?
Yes, you get a letter from 'Managed Migration' - Workpermits (UK) within 3 to 5 days...

...it is basically a letter from the payment handling service with a reference number starting with LTxxxxxxx and then it states that your case will be passed on to a caseworker..

..requests for speedy assessments will only be considered under exceptional circumstances

when did you apply?,

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:32 pm

Yes, you get a letter from 'Managed Migration' - Workpermits (UK) within 3 to 5 days...
Either there are severe delays in that process or something is amiss with my application.

I applied on 17th November, my online credit statement showed 121 was taken off the card. Its the 2nd of Dec and I still have not got any receipt from them.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:37 pm

I applied on 17th November, my online credit statement showed 121 was taken off the card. Its the 2nd of Dec and I still have not got any receipt from them
Atleast you are sure that the documents were recieved as payment was deducted.....the acknowlegsement letter should have been sent to you already...- did it go to your old address?? as the address of the credit card payer :roll:

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:42 pm

Atleast you are sure that the documents were recieved as payment was deducted.....the acknowlegsement letter should have been sent to you already...- did it go to your old address?? as the address of the credit card payer
I went just yesterday to the old property to check the mail box and it was not there. Also since I was moving homes, I first changed the address with my bank, before sending in the application. The address on the application was also the same as the changed address and not the old.

I am thinking of shooting of an email to them with the relevant details, although judging by the posts in the last few weeks, its unlikely I will get a reply soon.

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:06 pm

mwazir,

Did u give your office address any where in the application ? It should have reached u by now or its delayed ... Its worth mailing them about this and may be give them a call as well ..

There is nothing to worry about u'r application because the payment is deducted.

John
United Kingdom

Section 3C

Post by John » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:12 pm

Drewchad, you posted :-
My WHV is about to run out .....
Given that you have submitted an application for a new visa before the old one actually expired, the good news is that legislation known as "Section 3C" ensures that the old visa is "treated as continuing" even if the new application has not been dealt with at the expiry date.

So thanks to Section 3C and your application FLR(IED), your old visa is not just about the expire. I think that is the case even though not all the required documentation was supplied. Section 3C is not limited in that way.

Worse case ..... the FLR(IED) application is formally rejected .... your old visa does not expire until you run out of time in appealing against that rejection. Of course if IND merely sit on the application awaiting the missing piece of paper, then your old visa is still in force, until, hopefully never, they formally reject the application.

drewchad

Post by drewchad » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:20 pm

John,
It seems your(our) views aren't universally accepted re: Section 3c on this board. (Unsure why though)

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:25 pm

ND wrote:mwazir,

Did u give your office address any where in the application ? It should have reached u by now or its delayed ... Its worth mailing them about this and may be give them a call as well ..

There is nothing to worry about u'r application because the payment is deducted.
Thanks ND, I have send them an email. I will try to contact them by telephone as well.

Trust all is well with you :)

John
United Kingdom

Section 3C?

Post by John » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:07 pm

Drewchad, I am not sure either ..... there appears to be no evidence at all that IND don't think that Section 3C is in play. (Excuse the double negative.)

Section 3C(1)(a) says that "This section applies if .... :-
a person who has limited leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom applies to the Secretary of State, before his leave expires, for it to be varied
In other words, the mere submission of an application before the expiry of the old visa invokes Section 3C, .... there is nothing in the Section saying about it only taking effect if all the required supporting documentation is also submitted.

Of course lack of required supporting documentation potentially leads to an early rejection of the application .... but that is another matter.

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:16 pm

Thanks ND, I have send them an email. I will try to contact them by telephone as well.

Trust all is well with you
Yes everything is fine.I am also moving to another house this month . (3'rd week).Waiting for dec 24'th as i can take a long break from work.

I am planning to fax my new address to HO by the end this month.

So hows everything going at u'r work place ... waiting for christmas hols :)