ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Required Validity and when can we apply

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ash_1
Newly Registered

Required Validity and when can we apply

Post by ash_1 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi All,

I have a few questions regarding my wife's dependent application. Hope some of you may be able to help.

I am currently on Tier 2 General visa. It expires on March 2016. And I want to bring my wife here from Pakistan in October.

I wanted to know that

1: When is the earliest I can apply for my wife's visa, given that her travel to UK date will be in October. I can see that we can apply 3 months in advance before the expected arrival date. But someone told me that it has change to 30 days (I can only see 3 months in the tier 2 guidelines)

2: When my wife gets her visa, how long will that be valid for. Will it be 3 years? or 6 months (expiring the same time as mine).

3: Further from previous point, will I have to pay £200 or £600 for the NHS surcharge for my wife if her visa is for 6 months?

4: Is there a restriction on how much validity I should have on my visa to apply for my dependent?

Thanks in advance

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Required Validity and when can we apply

Post by iworker » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:45 pm

you can apply anytime u want. the travel visa sticker has a validity of 1 month, and u have to travel within that time to come and collect your BRP which will be your valid leave. so when to apply is your own decision, as decision time can vary largely.

2. same duration as your visa end date.

3. i think u will have to pay 600 before launching application and you will refunded 400 once she gets the visa.

4. no

I will also suggest that since it seems u have been married already, and she is not here with u, u should submit convincing amount of subsiding of your relationship documents to support your application. Search this forum and u can find what other people have been submitting.

ash_1
Newly Registered

Re: Required Validity and when can we apply

Post by ash_1 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:07 pm

Thank you very much iworker.

I will check other posts for the supporting documents(mostly they put pictures, proof of communication etc). Thanks for the information