ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation- English Language Requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dbdb
Newly Registered

Naturalisation- English Language Requirement

Post by dbdb » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:50 pm

Hi,

I am in the process of completing my application for naturalization (applying as wife) and I have a question regarding the language requirement.

If I completed by Bachelor’s Degree in the UK , i.e. from UK Uni- do I still need to request NARIC to confirm anything regarding the course?

Thanks for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation- English Language Requirement

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:56 pm

do I still need to request NARIC
No. Your UK Degree is sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dbdb
Newly Registered

Post by dbdb » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:31 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can I ask if there is a reference to UK degree certificates being accepted on their own anywhere is the booklet or the guide?

I couldn't see it anywhere- even in the supporting documentation section NARIC seems to be mentioned in every single point relating to the language requirement.

Is it possible that something has changed regarding this over the last few months?

crazyvish

Post by crazyvish » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:46 pm

Sorry, don't know about the any list but do you know if the degree you have obtained is from a recognized college / university and not a bogus university? Please check the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/check-a-university-i ... d/overview

dbdb
Newly Registered

Post by dbdb » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:57 pm

Thanks for the reply.

The University that I have the degree from is on the list that you provided the link to. It is Glasgow Caledonian University. It was a full time course based in Glasgow so def not bogus.

crazyvish

Post by crazyvish » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:06 am

You should be good then.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:59 pm

Please see point 1.22, number ii on page 7 of the AN Form (Click) where it says UK taught degree with a tick box you can tick.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dbdb
Newly Registered

Post by dbdb » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:47 pm

Thanks again. I can see the option ii. but this option can only be selected in conjunction with "I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor or Master's degree or PHD in the UK"...

Is that right?

My understanding is that NARIC only deals with international degrees and comparing them to the UK ones?