ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English requirement to Naturalise a dependant spouse.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crazyvish

English requirement to Naturalise a dependant spouse.

Post by crazyvish » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi,

I am in Indian and obtained my British citizenship (through naturalisation) last year. I now need to apply the same for my Mrs. She's been in this country for over 6 years and have ILR for the last couple of years. My Mrs and I took the 'Life in the UK' test before the English language requirement has been introduced. I understand that we now need to fulfill the English language requirement in order to apply for Naturalisation.

The English requirement for the application states as below:

Along with the "life in the UK certificate" You’ll need your original degree certificate that was taught in English and one of the following:
- a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
The degree my Mrs has is 'Msc Maths' from 'Andhra University' which I believe is in the points calculator and meets the requirement.

My questions now are:

- is it compulsory to get a letter from UKNARIC?
- How do you get a print out of points calculator? I don't see an option for dependants in the webpage I look at. Can anyone please provide me with a link to the English Language Points Calculator for a Dependant?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: English requirement to Naturalise a dependant spouse.

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:49 pm

Please click here, and you can select Tier 2 and carry on as usual. Last page should show you points which you can printout.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:54 pm

Also, click here for a letter received by a member which they received from Nationality Checking Service. I suggest booking NCS and applying through them. Good luck.

crazyvish

Post by crazyvish » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:03 pm

fwd09,
Thank you very much, not sure how I missed that last post! Thanks for providing the link to it. Sure, I will go through NCS as we need our documents for Travel. I suppose letter from UKNARIC is compulsory? I shall go through that post in detail.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:05 pm

crazyvish wrote:fwd09,
Thank you very much, not sure how I missed that last post! Thanks for providing the link to it. Sure, I will go through NCS as we need our documents for Travel. I suppose letter from UKNARIC is compulsory? I shall go through that post in detail.
Welcome. Please do make a post in relevant timeline thread whenever you decide to apply. Good luck.