ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NN123
Newly Registered

English Language Requirement

Post by NN123 » Wed May 27, 2015 6:40 pm

Hello,

I hold ILR - from Tier 1 General - for a year now and looking to apply for Citizenship, my question is around English language requirement. I proved it during Tier 1 extension and at ILR using point based calculator and just the degree - is that not sufficient for Citizenship requirement and whether UK NARIC confirmation is mandatory?

If yes, I hold PG degree from Mumbai University - which appear of PB Calculator - is there a way to check if degree for both me and my spouse appear on their database before I use their service?

NN123
Newly Registered

Re: English Language Requirement

Post by NN123 » Wed May 27, 2015 7:36 pm

Well I think I should read all the available documents first - Section 1.22 does have a section which talks about if I have met the requirement after 28/10/2013 which I have.

Although this brings me to the next question, the PBS calculator is no longer available under Tier-1 General - and while I do have a copy from ILR extension for myself, I do not have similar document for my spouse - does this need to be evidenced?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: English Language Requirement

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:38 pm

NN123 wrote:Well I think I should read all the available documents first - Section 1.22 does have a section which talks about if I have met the requirement after 28/10/2013 which I have.

Although this brings me to the next question, the PBS calculator is no longer available under Tier-1 General - and while I do have a copy from ILR extension for myself, I do not have similar document for my spouse - does this need to be evidenced?
Your spouse will be treated separately to your application, if applying at the same time. She needs to provide proof for her own requirements.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.