ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP collection for dependents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rameshthegreat
Newly Registered

BRP collection for dependents

Post by rameshthegreat » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:27 pm

I plan to apply for Tier 2 ICT visa for me and my dependents together. But my family will not be travelling to UK along with me. They will join me a few months later.

With the new BRP rules for visa which statyes that we need to travel to UK within 30 days of visa stamping and collect BRP within 10 days of arrivel - does it mean that we will not be able to apply for dependents along with the main applicant going forward if dependents do not plan to travel along with the main applicant?

Can someone clarify on the rules around this please?

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: BRP collection for dependents

Post by terriblescream » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:49 pm

rameshthegreat wrote:I plan to apply for Tier 2 ICT visa for me and my dependents together. But my family will not be travelling to UK along with me. They will join me a few months later.

With the new BRP rules for visa which statyes that we need to travel to UK within 30 days of visa stamping and collect BRP within 10 days of arrivel - does it mean that we will not be able to apply for dependents along with the main applicant going forward if dependents do not plan to travel along with the main applicant?

Can someone clarify on the rules around this please?
The 30-day short term entry clearance visa will start from the date the applicant stated in their application form that they will travel to the UK.

so perhaps they should put in a later date than you

The exact text is "A successful applicant will be issued with a 30 day short term biometric entry clearance visa to allow them to come to the UK to collect their BRP. The visa will start from the date the applicant gave in their application form that they would travel to the UK. They will also receive a decision letter which will tell them which Post Office they must collect their BRP from. It will also tell them what to do if they are unable to collect their BRP."

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n_v5_0.pdf

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:55 pm

If the applicant does not travel within the validity of the 30 day short term biometric entry clearance they will need to apply for another 30 day short term biometric entry clearance to travel to the UK. This will be done under the transfer of conditions process.

rameshthegreat
Newly Registered

Post by rameshthegreat » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:53 pm

Thanks for the information. It makes sense that they issue the 30 day visa starting from the probable date of travel given in the application.
This would mean that we will need to plan better in order to give a reasonably correct date when dependents will travel if they do not accompany the main applicant.

Thanks again for the information and the link.

Cheers!