ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DOCTOR IN TRAINING RESTRICTION

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AJT
Newly Registered

DOCTOR IN TRAINING RESTRICTION

Post by AJT » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:02 pm

DEAR ALL

I came to UK 5+ years ago on a tier 2 general visa. My wife joined me 2.5 years ago and is on a tier 2 dependant.

I have recently switched to ILR when i completed 5 years but my wife continued in the same tier 2 dependant visa as its valid till 2018. She won't be eligible for ILR herself.

We are both doctors. She has been recently offered a training job but her Tier 2 dependant visa says not for doctor or dentist in training.

Her probable employer is willing to give a COS for a tier 2 general visa for the training post. For this i understand she will have to go back to India to apply and also the clock will reset.

My question is - can she change on to FLR (M) ? Would that get rid of the 'not for doctor in training clause'

BUT looking at the FLR(M) form guidance it says - you should NOT use this form if you are applying - As the partner of a person granted indefinite leave to remain in a work route, if you are currently in the UK as their dependant.

Does that include me ? - as I have been given ILR after being on a tier 2 visa for 5 years and she has been my dependant, so does that mean she cannot apply for FLR(M) ? What else can she do to get rid off this restriction ?

Many thanks in advance for all your help.

AJT