ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESA for partner

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dada

ESA for partner

Post by dada » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:51 am

My husband is my sponsor and I'm on a spouse visa.. He has a long standing disability, cannot work and has been claiming ESA as a single person for years. He has been told he needs a re-assessment because he is now married. I looked at the form and it is very detailed. Will he actually get more if his wife earns nearly £40k a year and has savings over their specified amount, which is £5,500 - my savings are £10k. It looks like he might end up worse off applying as a married man. Is it mandatory to do so?
(Needless to say, I'm not claiming anything.. no child etc etc.)
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ESA for partner

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:52 pm

Is he in the WRAG or the Support group?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dada

Post by dada » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi Amber,
He is actually still in the assessment stage and is waiting to be contacted for another assessment as he missed his previous one, in the meantime his payments are coming in.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:15 am

Is the ESA contributions based or income related?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dada

Post by dada » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:00 am

Hi Amber,

Do you know if my husband can lose his (ESA) benefits because my spouse visa states that I am not entitled to public funds? This is what he was told on the phone today by a worker at DWP

I am now only working part time, less than 16 hours. His benefits (income related ESA) were stopped before on the basis that I was earning enough and working 40+ hours a week. Now that I'm working less and studying, can he be reassessed?

Thanks