ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GNIB Soon to expire . . pending Irish Naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jcclarke_24
Newly Registered

GNIB Soon to expire . . pending Irish Naturalisation

Post by jcclarke_24 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:32 am

Hello,

I am hoping you can assist. My husband has been in Ireland for over 5 years and based on him being in Ireland on a Stamp 4EU Fam Visa, we applied for his Irish Naturalisation in January 2015.

My husbands GNIB Card (5 years) is due to expire early July and we have not yet received his approval letter for Naturalisation (and nor do we expect it in the near future).

What do we need to do to get him an extension on his GNIB Card (during his naturalisation approval process)?

Thanks so much

SouthernWinds

Re: GNIB Soon to expire . . pending Irish Naturalisation

Post by SouthernWinds » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:42 am

jcclarke_24 wrote:Hello,

I am hoping you can assist. My husband has been in Ireland for over 5 years and based on him being in Ireland on a Stamp 4EU Fam Visa, we applied for his Irish Naturalisation in January 2015.

My husbands GNIB Card (5 years) is due to expire early July and we have not yet received his approval letter for Naturalisation (and nor do we expect it in the near future).

What do we need to do to get him an extension on his GNIB Card (during his naturalisation approval process)?

Thanks so much
Hi,

Do you mind me asking when did you get the second stage letter so I can update the 2015 Timeline?

For reference, I applied on the same date as you have.

Cheers.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:12 pm

SouthernWinds wrote:
jcclarke_24 wrote:Hello,

Thanks so much
Hi,

Do you mind me asking when did you get the second stage letter so I can update the 2015 Timeline?

For reference, I applied on the same date as you have.

Cheers.
This person asked a question of utmost importance and needs an urgent answer/advice but you are here again replying with another irrelevant question! That's so unkind of you mate!

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:57 pm

Assuming you are also in Ireland and are either working or studying, you can either submit form EU1 again or form EU3 (both to request the extension of his Stanp 4 EUFam). In either case you husband should receive a temporary 6 months stamp 4 a few days after they receive the application.

stanakines

Post by stanakines » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:44 pm

Jcc I am in the same boat than your husband I am Stamp 4 EU with expired 10 days ago .

I applied for retention and had a temporary Stamp 4 for 6 months in one week because I am working.

I sent the copy today as I received my second stage letter few days ago. I now hope to be part of the July approval as many .

Best of luck

indoire
Newly Registered

Post by indoire » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi,

I have applied for citizenship 7-Apr-15, my GNIB going to expire in July 15.

Should I wait or just send a copy of new card without them asking for it ?

Thanks,

stanakines

Post by stanakines » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:39 pm

Indoire

I sent mine this morning without them asking.
Now Now I am wondering how the application usually goes if you're on temporary Stamp hopefully it'll be fine .

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:43 pm

stanakines wrote:Indoire

I sent mine this morning without them asking.
Now Now I am wondering how the application usually goes if you're on temporary Stamp hopefully it'll be fine .
No worries. Even if the Stamp 4 is a short term one it still is completely valid it doesn't affect citizenship applications. I won't cause any issue unless for some reason the EUTR application gets declined and the naturalisation process takes longer than usual.

araja
Newly Registered

Post by araja » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:41 pm

i am in same situation i applied for Citizenship on 12 March 15 got my second stage letter on 4 May 2015. My Stamp 4 EU Fam expired on 14 July 15. now i have no visa at the moment , local immigration refuse to give me temporary stamp by advising me applied again EU Treaty Rights Section , INIS. which i did on 14 June 2015, one month before my permission expired, still waiting for there reply, they not even send me acknowledgement letter of receiving application.
can you guys please advise me what i do in this situation and what this effect on my application, did they refuse me or i heard also that this didnt effect my application as when i applied i fulfill all there requirements.