ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 : Is GP Referral considered acceptable?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmp_apr2010

MN1 : Is GP Referral considered acceptable?

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:19 am

Hi All,

I am planning to register my 3 year old child as British citizen under section 1(3) as she was born in the UK before I was granted my ILR.
I had query regarding professional standing reference.

The guide states:
"One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing,
such as a minister of religion, civil servant or a member of a professional body, e.g.
accountant or solicitor (but not representing you with this application). A list of
acceptable professional persons can be found on our website.
The other referee must be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a
professional person or over the age of 25."

The local GP at the surgery has agreed to provide his reference. Now I went through the list of acceptable professional persons and I can't find GP in the list.

In your opinion can GP at the surgery can be a referee of professional standing and can sign the form?

Many thanks
Rohit

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 : Is GP Referral considered acceptable?

Post by fwd079 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:21 pm

hsmp_apr2010 wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to register my 3 year old child as British citizen under section 1(3) as she was born in the UK before I was granted my ILR.
I had query regarding professional standing reference.

The guide states:
"One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing,
such as a minister of religion, civil servant or a member of a professional body, e.g.
accountant or solicitor (but not representing you with this application). A list of
acceptable professional persons can be found on our website.
The other referee must be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a
professional person or over the age of 25."

The local GP at the surgery has agreed to provide his reference. Now I went through the list of acceptable professional persons and I can't find GP in the list.

In your opinion can GP at the surgery can be a referee of professional standing and can sign the form?

Many thanks
Rohit
No GP's are no longer accepted, click here please.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:28 pm

GP are not accepted but I used GP for registering my daughter as British (MN1) in Feb 2015.So Looks like they are more lenient towards kids.

So if you have any other referee from the accepted list then use that otherwise you can use GP.If they(HO) have any doubts they will write to you asking another referee.

Param

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:43 pm

params0073 wrote:GP are not accepted but I used GP for registering my daughter as British (MN1) in Feb 2015.So Looks like they are more lenient towards kids.

So if you have any other referee from the accepted list then use that otherwise you can use GP.If they(HO) have any doubts they will write to you asking another referee.

Param
Personally I would not recommend anything which is now forbidden as per vinny's post here. One lucky/lenient instance must not be taken as rule. Because Naturalisation depends upon Caseworker's view so it is possible they delay Rohit's sent application.

Rest is Rohit's choice, of course.

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:08 pm

Thank you very much guys... I will stay away from GP for this..
I can see that "Teacher" is on the list.
My child goes to Nursery/play group and they are happy to sign.
I am not sure what qualifications does it need to be a Teacher and whether a manager at the nursery suffice it.

Also I have a friend who is a Dentist but doesn't know the child in professional context. Will he be acceptable?
Also can a nurse practioner at the local surgery be a acceptable reference?

Can you guys suggest what will be the best option?

Regads,
Rohit

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:17 pm

So long as your child's GP is willing to act as a professional referee then that will be fine. Note that the list provided by the HO is not a comprehensive one. It's meant to be used as a guide & not a exhaustive list. I personally see no reason why a GP (registered and regulated by the GMC) wouldn't be considered acceptable.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:27 pm

But ukba list do include PRACTITIONER. Even the term practitioners is very wide but it also include medical/general practitioners which GP is. I think GP must be fine.

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:16 pm

Thank you everyone. Is there a phone number or email for the Home office where I can get in touch and ask about this?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:19 pm

hsmp_apr2010 wrote:Thank you everyone. Is there a phone number or email for the Home office where I can get in touch and ask about this?
Again, personally I would not use something which is not in explicit list, even though its not exhaustive GP were removed as per vinny's link.

Anyway you can find an email address at this link.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:52 pm

But practitioners is in that list and practitioners is very wide term. But medical practitioner which GP is must be acceptable.

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:17 pm

Doctor is fine or any professional is fine. The worst case scenario is they'll ask for an alternative reference.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:17 pm

cool mind wrote:But practitioners is in that list and practitioners is very wide term. But medical practitioner which GP is must be acceptable.
t123456789 wrote:Doctor is fine or any professional is fine. The worst case scenario is they'll ask for an alternative reference.
Please see section 6.3.7.4 in this link then please see Annex A in this link.

Personally I would avoid as per information above. But its up to applicant if they want to go for a may be or a worst case scenario.