ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Requirement for the NON EEA family member of British

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Maria khan
Newly Registered

Visa Requirement for the NON EEA family member of British

Post by Maria khan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:03 pm

Hi There

i want to settle in Ireland I am a British citizen i have 3 children in Pakistan under 15 years after how long i can apply for them to join me in Ireland do they need to apply visa from Pakistan ?
what are the legal requirements do i need to fulfill

fsa

Re: Visa Requirement for the NON EEA family member of Britis

Post by fsa » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:32 pm

if you travel to Pakistan they can apply for dependant visa under directive 2004/38/ec as dependant children of an EU national (British). you would have to provide proof they are your children and dependants, they can then travel with you to ireland.

If you go to Ireland yourself first, you would need to exercise your treaty rights there to be able to apply for them to join you.

Maria khan
Newly Registered

Post by Maria khan » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:55 am

thank you for your answer

i Did not move to Ireland yet. but want to settle in Ireland can i go to Pakistan and just apply my children visa in Ireland embassy
any legal requirements do i need to fulfill (i can proof them dependency)
or do i need to settle down first in Ireland and then go to Pakistan to apply my kids visa

please reply

fsa

Post by fsa » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:03 pm

You can go to Pakistan and your children can apply for accompany EU citizen as dependant child visa under directive 2004/38/ec

see this thread:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... h#p1029242

The EU directive does not allow Ireland to consider you personal situation (finance, intend to return to home country, etc) when processing the visa application. The only reasons they could use to reject the application are:
- you didn't provide all the necessary documents (and in that case they have to give you an opportunity to provide them before refusing the application)
- they have clear evidence that your marriage is not genuine
- the consider you or your dependants to be a security threat

Lastly, do make it clear with the visa application that you are applying based on EU Directive 2004/38/EC.