ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help needed asap

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

john101
Newly Registered

urgent help needed asap

Post by john101 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:07 pm

I'M A BRITISH CITIZEN ABOUT TO MARRY TOO MY WIFE WHICH IS FROM THE SAME COUNTRY AS ME BUT NOT A BRITISH CITIZEN OR EU PERSON FOR SHE CAME INTO THIS COUNTRY AS A STUDENT AND VERY SOON ARE VISA WILL BE RUNNING OUT IN WHICH I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING TO KEEP HER HERE WITH ME AS MY WIFE BUT THE PROBLEM NOW IS THE NEW RULE BEEN INTRODUCE BY THE HOME OFFICE THAT I HAVE TO BE EARNING 18,600 POUND, TO ME THAT MONEY IS TOO MUCH FOR I DON'T EARN THAT KIND OF MONEY BECAUSE I WORK PART-TIME AND ALSO A STUDENT IN ONE OF THE UNIVERSITY IN UK. I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS ON WHAT TO DO ON THIS STUFF IS DRIVING ME MAD. PLEASE HELP ON WHAT TO DO THANKS.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: urgent help needed asap

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:27 pm

Please don't post in Capital letters. It is very difficult to read and is viewed as shouting.

If you do not meet the financial requirement, she will not qualify for a spouse visa (the 'new' rule has been in place for 3 years already).

Can she not extend her student visa?

Are you divorced now and have the decree absolute? John101 Post (Click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

john101
Newly Registered

Re: urgent help needed asap

Post by john101 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:31 pm

she been here for 4year now finish her bsc and almost done with her master which was last month.. please is there any alternative that we can use so she can stay here.

john101
Newly Registered

please i still need your advise

Post by john101 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:41 am

i just finalize my divorce and trying to get married to my spouse here in uk but she is a non-eea citizen, i work a part time job for a local supermarket in which in a year i got paid 7 to 8000pound and also i'm in university in which i given a loan and grant from student loan company, so if i add both my student grant and salary from my work i will be rounding up with 10 to 1 thousand pound which is not enough to the 18600pound as required by the home office to sponsor your spouse here in uk. so a friend of my said i should act as a self employed that it going to work.. please i need your help on what do or what you think is the best option guyz? i'm really confuse you guyz have really help me here i need your help on this thanks.

secret.simon

Re: please i still need your advise

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:21 pm

Even if you were to register as self-employed, you would need to show income through the self-employment and an accountant would need to sign off on that. You would also need to pay tax on your earnings through self-employment. The Home Office does check with HMRC to check that you have paid an appropriate amount of tax.

If the Home Office feels that self-employment was just a cover to get around the Rules, your spouse's visa could be revoked and it could have a negative impact on her citizenship.

You will also need to demonstrate that you have appropriate housing for your wife. I presume that you have made provisions for that.

The only alternative for you is the Surinder Singh route. Live in another EEA country for 6-12 months and then return with her as the family member of an EEA citizen.

john101
Newly Registered

Post by john101 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:37 am

Pls on this matter can me and my spouse submit a joint account. Do u think it going to work?

john101
Newly Registered

Post by john101 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:10 am

pls i just want to know if me and my wife can combine our income together if we want to meet the requirement for a spouse visa. do you think is going to work that way. thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:45 pm

You can combine income
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

john101
Newly Registered

Post by john101 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:20 pm

Will my student loan and grant affect my wife application if we were to apply for the spouse visa.. Thanks