ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Extension - SOC Code

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amitkashyap
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Extension - SOC Code

Post by amitkashyap » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Hello...

I'm due to file an extension under Tier 2 General category later this year but I'm confused regarding SOC code on CoS.

The SOC code used in my previous application was 1132 - Marketing and Sales Directors

However, we have just realised that's probably not the right code. We should have used 3545 - Sales Accounts and Business Development Managers.

Can we use the new code on extension application or it has to be same as in previous application? My job title or responsibilities has not been changed. Please advise.

Hoping for an early response.

Thank you,

Amit.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 General Extension - SOC Code

Post by manci » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:06 pm

In 2010 SOC code 1132 has been split in two: 1132 and 3545. Either can be used and RLMT is not required for the extension CoS.

amitkashyap
Newly Registered

Post by amitkashyap » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:54 pm

Manci - Thank you for the comment. Appreciate it. Can you please advise where can I find further info on this?
manci wrote:In 2010 SOC code 1132 has been split in two: 1132 and 3545. Either can be used and RLMT is not required for the extension CoS.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:24 pm

amitkashyap wrote:Manci - Thank you for the comment. Appreciate it. Can you please advise where can I find further info on this?
manci wrote:In 2010 SOC code 1132 has been split in two: 1132 and 3545. Either can be used and RLMT is not required for the extension CoS.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2015.pdf

amitkashyap
Newly Registered

Post by amitkashyap » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:30 am

Hello Manci,

Thank you for your help! I assume you are an immigration lawyer. Would you be able to review my application and support it for a fee? if yes, please email me your details at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or alternatively, can you please suggest a good immigration lawyer?

Thank you.

Amit.

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:02 pm

Extension applications are pretty straightforward, have you any concerns? The main requirement is to have a CoS which is in accordance with the code of practice (link above).

amitkashyap
Newly Registered

Post by amitkashyap » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:24 pm

Hello Manci,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I have few concerns.

1. SOC on my last application was 1132 – In my application for extension I will be using SOC code 3545 due to reclassification of codes from SOC 2000 to SOC 2010. My concern is shall I be using “Experienced” salary for SOC 3545?

2. RLMT is not required – Is this correct?

3. Is there anything else which I should consider/keep in mind while filing this extension application?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Amit.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:42 pm

amitkashyap wrote:Hello Manci,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I have few concerns.

1. SOC on my last application was 1132 – In my application for extension I will be using SOC code 3545 due to reclassification of codes from SOC 2000 to SOC 2010. My concern is shall I be using “Experienced” salary for SOC 3545?
The responsibility for choosing the appropriate SOC code is the sponsor's, not yours. you should ask for a copy of the CoS and check it before you apply. Is there any reason why you think that you should not be using the "experienced" salary rate?.

2. RLMT is not required – Is this correct?
if it an extension RLMT is not required

3. Is there anything else which I should consider/keep in mind while filing this extension application?
if you have any questions, ask

Thank you.
Best regards,
Amit.

Doorita
Newly Registered

Post by Doorita » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:17 pm

Hi Manci,

My tier 2 general visa was granted October 2012 and my extension is due in 3 months.

Code which I used previously was 2132 with job title senior programmer. Now in new soc list my old code splitter into 3 new code and 2136 is matching with my old code.

Now question is my job title 'senior programmer' is not in new code 2136 list though description is almost matching with my responsibility. Can I apply my extension with 'senior programmer' job title and 2136 SOC code.

Thanks,
Doorita

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:25 am

Doorita wrote:Hi Manci,

My tier 2 general visa was granted October 2012 and my extension is due in 3 months.

Code which I used previously was 2132 with job title senior programmer. Now in new soc list my old code splitter into 3 new code and 2136 is matching with my old code.

Now question is my job title 'senior programmer' is not in new code 2136 list though description is almost matching with my responsibility. Can I apply my extension with 'senior programmer' job title and 2136 SOC code.

it is the job description that is important and should match the description given for the relevant SOC code. There shouldn't be any problem with using senior programmer as the job title for code 2136. The salary should be at least the appropriate salary given for code 2136

Thanks,
Doorita