ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALL OCTOBER APPLICANTS: POST HERE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pinnacle

Post by pinnacle » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:16 am

Hello All,

It seems people are getting a lot many rejections.Mine was a very straightforward application but got rejected. I am yet to receive my documents.

I am desperate to know the reason for rejection :shock: .
Best of luck to everybody..

Pinnacle

shooter008
Newly Registered

Post by shooter008 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:34 am

Mine was kind of straight forward application

I was claiming 75 points

My claim period was from july 2006 to jun 2007
Degree 30 points
provided original degree certificate

Previous earnings 45 points
Provided following

1. ITR2 for period of march 2006 to apr 2007
2. Salary slips(signed and stamped from company, worked for 2 companies) did not have sepeare salary slips(were on 2 pages with all earnings and deductions)
3. Final settlement letter (stamped and signed) from pervious employer
4. as ITR2 did not cover the claimed period, provided Bank staments for all 12 months from july 2006 to jun 2007(bank statement for employer1 has name of the employer) and for current emplyer got letter from bank stating that salary credited as from current employer
5. form 16

english language req.
Original bachelor cert. as mentioned above
Letter from university stating that my course was taught in english.

Cover letter for each section
cover letter for Earnng section had table of gross earnings, net earnings... as methoned somewhere in the sticky.

My earning was quite above the the earning criteria.

ajaysharmanyc2006

Hsmp approved

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:56 am

Hi all,

my HSMP got approved yesterday.
applied on: 24th sep
reached: 27th sep.
approved: 11th oct.

thanks everyone for extending help.

this forum rocks.

my docs:
mba certificate with transcript
IT return covering partial period
salary verification letter from HR for the claimed period
pay-slips (signed and stamped) from HR for the claimed period
original bank statements for the claimed period.
letter from HR on the name difference in pay-slip and other docs (due to truncation in SAP application)

AMIE Sec A&B certificate and transcipt
language letter from AMIE
diploma certificate and transcript
language letter from Polytechnic

Now the second inning starts.

best luck,

ajay

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:01 am

congrats Ajay !

fortresskay
Newly Registered

Post by fortresskay » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:32 pm

hi everyone,

i have finally received my application pack back with my approval letter. it was approved on oct 4th even though they got the payment on the 3rd.
i am so excited cos this is the 2nd time i am applying.
thanks everyone for your advise on this forum.

To anyone planning to apply, i'll give you this tips:

Dont submit evidence that is not required, too many documentation will delay your application processing or cause it to be refused.

Make sure your earnings information is as clear as much as possible. Your payslips must match you tax returns / bank statements / employer letter. I was refused the first time because these figures didnt match even though I actually earned more than what is there.

Understand that these people process hundreds of applications daily and they are given targets on applications to complete in a day, so pls make their work easier by being brief as much as possible.

And above all be positive, pray about it and stop worrying yourself. Worry / anxiety will not achieve anything.

All the best!

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:26 pm

I called HO and at first she repeated the same reference number as my first application

when i requested her to check if my second application had been received by them , and i told her the mode of payment etc etc ....

she checked another database and told me that she had found it and gave me a 10 digit (!!) number which was prefixed by HS ....Is that the norm ?

I think the payment hasnt yet cleared and she looked it up on the payment under clearance database.

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:10 pm

Hi Vidya,

I plan to call HO next week. What number did you call on?
Please let me know the number.

Thanks

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:01 pm

Andy

The number is 0044 114 207 6020 , your call will be placed in queue , it is better to wait patiently for 3-4 minutes and someone will answer , if you keep hanging up and calling back , you will just find yourself back in the queue again.

Whereabouts in India have you applied from , i have applied from Bangalore

I was /am still worried about the payment clearing as the girl at HDFC typed the receiver name wrong in the draft ( she put it as work permit instead of work permits , and than forgot to put a coma before HSMP) and when i asked them to redo it , they overwrote on it manually :x

Hopefully the fact that she gave me a reference number means that the payment had already cleared , im still dubious only because she had to look on another database to find my appln and not the main one.

Happy weekend to everyone.
Last edited by vidya on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marrik

HSMP Approved

Post by marrik » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:13 pm

Hi all,

Here is my timeline:

Oct 6th: Sent courier to HO from Chennai thru DHL
Oct 8th: Received acknowledgment with reference number
Oct 10th: HSMP approved and documents sent

Got to know the status today over phone. This was our second time around with the application. Preparing for EC next.

Thanks to everyone who have contributed to this discussion board. We have benefitted highly from it.

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:26 pm

Very fast turnaround time , Marrick !

Congrats and all the best with your EC

ajaysharmanyc2006

Thanks vidya

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:31 pm

vidya wrote:congrats Ajay !
Thanks.

ajaysharmanyc2006

second time application

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:37 pm

vidya wrote:Andy

The number is 0044 114 207 6060 , your call will be placed in queue , it is better to wait patiently for 3-4 minutes and someone will answer , if you keep hanging up and calling back , you will just find yourself back in the queue again.

I was /am still worried about the payment clearing as the girl at HDFC typed the receiver name wrong in the draft ( she put it as work permit instead of work permits , and than forgot to put a coma before HSMP) and when i asked them to redo it , they overwrote on it manually :x

Hopefully the fact that she gave me a reference number means that the payment had already cleared , im still dubious only because she had to look on another database to find my appln and not the main one.

Vidya,

You are assigned the same HO number as your first application when you apply for the second time. However, they mark it as second application with a forward stroke after your initial HO number.

best luck,

ajay

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:51 pm

Thanks Ajay , i did not know that.

Praying real hard right now

marrik

Post by marrik » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:25 pm

Thanks Vidya....Ajay is right. Mine was a second application and they assigned the same reference number followed by " /02 "...All the best to you.

Any idea as to how long EC prcessing is currently taking in VFS chennai?

dev

Post by dev » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:29 pm

Hi Viday,

Even i have made payment through DD (HSBC)
App Sent : 06 Oct
Delivered : 10 Oct and no response from HO till now

how long it took to clear the DD and/or get ref number for you ?

vidya wrote:Andy

The number is 0044 114 207 6020 , your call will be placed in queue , it is better to wait patiently for 3-4 minutes and someone will answer , if you keep hanging up and calling back , you will just find yourself back in the queue again.

purplepple

Re: HSMP Approved

Post by purplepple » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:04 am

Hi marrik, congrats!

What was the reason for refusal in your first application? What did you change for your second application?

marrik wrote:Hi all,

Here is my timeline:

Oct 6th: Sent courier to HO from Chennai thru DHL
Oct 8th: Received acknowledgment with reference number
Oct 10th: HSMP approved and documents sent

Got to know the status today over phone. This was our second time around with the application. Preparing for EC next.

Thanks to everyone who have contributed to this discussion board. We have benefitted highly from it.

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:02 am

hey dev

i am not even sure that my DD had cleared yet , my application reached them on october 5th , 5 working days have gone by , i called them last friday - october 12th , she first gave me the same reference number as last time (first appln) , and then she searched again in another database , and gave me a 10 digit new number . people in this thread later informed me that we are given the same reference number with 02 suffixed for second application

i decided not to call them anymore but to wait till this friday and see what the status is ...
any updates from Cdraina , Andy and others

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:38 am

Hi Vidya,

I too haven't recieved a ref number. I have sent DD from HSBC bank and my application reached HO on 8oct. I plan to contact HO in this week.

I enquired with ICICI bank and they said that they can enquire and let me know if the DD issued by them has been encashed or not. You too can contact the HDFC people and get that information from them. Also if there has been any problem in encashing it by the HO, then the HDFC bank people can tell what the problem was.
Since the the DD is issued by HDFC they can track its current status.

I have one question here.
I am 28 yrs old and have claimed 10 points for age. My birthday is on 27ct and I will complete 29 yrs. If they do not encash it before 27th will I lose points on age? In my case I sent my application 15 working days before my birthday.

Thanks,
Andy

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:41 am

To be more precise, my application reached on the morning of 8oct and from that day there are 15 working days for the payment to clear.

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:06 am

Dont worry , your age on the day the application was received by HO ( 8th october) is what is counted and not the date when payment cleared , even if your birthday is on 9th october , you would get the age points.

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:27 pm

I called up Home office - I havent yet got a reference number through email and i am wondering if its still be assigned to caseworker

i got a recorded message saying that they are currently working on applications received on 11th October , which means either mine has been decided on or has been tagged for verification i guess ....

i think their lines are very very busy today , hence answering machines have been switched on .....

The suspense agony continues into this week .....any more who applied last week and have already got their result ?

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:44 pm

i called them again and spoke to someone who confirmed the reference number

i asked her if a decision had been made , and she kept me on hold for a couple of mins and then came back and said " A decision hasnt yet been made , it is still with the caseworker"

Now i m wondering if it has in fact been refused and she just did not want to tell me over the phone .....

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:08 pm

Hi Vidya,

When I call the HO number what details do I need to tell the person to get the Reference number?

Thanks.

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:33 pm

name , date of birth and location - just to locate your application on the database

marrik

Re: HSMP Approved

Post by marrik » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:18 pm

Purplepple,

The first time I did not send signed and sealed wage slips though it was on a company letterhead. So the next time around, I added a letter from the employer as well just in case.

All the best to you!

purplepple wrote:Hi marrik, congrats!

What was the reason for refusal in your first application? What did you change for your second application?