ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SEL7

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by SEL7 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:49 pm

All,
Can the administrator or owner of the google SET (LR) spreadsheet (timeline) add new rows so new applicants can add their details and waiting time accordingly.(

I have also noticed that the waiting time is becoming longer compared to the months of March and April. It is skewing upwards sharply than expected 4-6 weeks for March/April applications.

1. Could the recent politics on immigration have had an impact or influence on the speed of decisions at HO?

2. Could it be the back-load building up suddenly because most the applicants put through their application in order to take advantage of the lower immigration fees prior to April hikes?

What do you all think or I am just out of order!

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:34 pm

Pls give me some advice.I am in big trouble,very very worried.I will highly appreciate for your help and advice:

I am in very difficultly position.I was a student,living in UK with my wife and 2 year old son.My visa was refused on human right ground.My appeal's hearing in First Tier Tribunal was on June 2014. 5 month before the hearing date on last January 2014, I changed my solicitor and present solicitor informed Home Office and tribunal about the changes and he represent me in the hearing.I did not knew the decision until I phoned Tribunal on 2nd week of August 2014 ,they told me Tribunal dismissed my appeal on first week of July 2014 and I was also shocked when they said they sent determination letter to my previous solicitor's address.
After many correspondences with Tribunal,Tribunal re-issued decision letter on first week of December 2014.

Then we sent permission to appeal for Upper tribunal to First Tier tribunal within 14 days and after waiting a while Tribunal was saying they haven't received my permission to appeal for Upper tribunal.but my solicitor have proof(automatic email response from Tribunal)that he did sent the permission to appeal.So,my solicitor once again sent permission to appeal for Upper tribunal to First Tier tribunal on 1st May 2015 and we received the ''Notice of receipt'' from Tribunal and waiting for the out come.

First week of august 2015,I will qualify to apply ILR on 10 years ground.I am very much worried that Home Office could say I have the gap in continuous residency during appeal process.Because I have 2 issue during appeal process .First issue:according to home office I did not appeal in time,they don't know tribunal sent my determination letter to my old solicitor's address.To rectify those issue what is the procedure to let Home Office know that I changed my solicitor before hearing and present solicitor informed Home Office and tribunal about the changes and he represent me in the hearing(my solicitor have those evidences) and 2nd issue: my solicitor sent the permission to appeal in time and he have proof.Before applying for ILR I have to sort out those confusion with Home Office.Pls tell me how can I over come from this situation ?
I will highly appreciate for your help and advice

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:11 pm

meet2mustafiz wrote:Pls give me some advice.I am in big trouble,very very worried.I will highly appreciate for your help and advice:

I am in very difficultly position.I was a student,living in UK with my wife and 2 year old son.My visa was refused on human right ground.My appeal's hearing in First Tier Tribunal was on June 2014. 5 month before the hearing date on last January 2014, I changed my solicitor and present solicitor informed Home Office and tribunal about the changes and he represent me in the hearing.I did not knew the decision until I phoned Tribunal on 2nd week of August 2014 ,they told me Tribunal dismissed my appeal on first week of July 2014 and I was also shocked when they said they sent determination letter to my previous solicitor's address.
After many correspondences with Tribunal,Tribunal re-issued decision letter on first week of December 2014.

Then we sent permission to appeal for Upper tribunal to First Tier tribunal within 14 days and after waiting a while Tribunal was saying they haven't received my permission to appeal for Upper tribunal.but my solicitor have proof(automatic email response from Tribunal)that he did sent the permission to appeal.So,my solicitor once again sent permission to appeal for Upper tribunal to First Tier tribunal on 1st May 2015 and we received the ''Notice of receipt'' from Tribunal and waiting for the out come.

First week of august 2015,I will qualify to apply ILR on 10 years ground.I am very much worried that Home Office could say I have the gap in continuous residency during appeal process.Because I have 2 issue during appeal process .First issue:according to home office I did not appeal in time,they don't know tribunal sent my determination letter to my old solicitor's address.To rectify those issue what is the procedure to let Home Office know that I changed my solicitor before hearing and present solicitor informed Home Office and tribunal about the changes and he represent me in the hearing(my solicitor have those evidences) and 2nd issue: my solicitor sent the permission to appeal in time and he have proof.Before applying for ILR I have to sort out those confusion with Home Office.Pls tell me how can I over come from this situation ?
U can't sort out these issues before applying Ilr. Better to wait for your UT hearing and if u complete your 10 years before UT hearing than add additional grounds of 10 years in your hearing.

Keep in mind this thing only possible if judge allows u to add additional ground because now u r in UT. At that time HO may withdraw the decision and look at on your case than they may refuse u and give u right of appeal again. U have a long bridge ahead to cross.

U post this question several time and got very little attention because of the complexity of your case. Your solicitor is in better position to help u .

If u dont trust him (as u said in previous posts that may be he is doing this to prolong without your knowledge) than change your solicitor.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:57 pm

Zee ali wrote:
meet2mustafiz wrote:Pls give me some advice.I am in big trouble,very very worried.I will highly appreciate for your help and advice:

U can't sort out these issues before applying Ilr. Better to wait for your UT hearing and if u complete your 10 years before UT hearing than add additional grounds of 10 years in your hearing.

Keep in mind this thing only possible if judge allows u to add additional ground because now u r in UT. At that time HO may withdraw the decision and look at on your case than they may refuse u and give u right of appeal again. U have a long bridge ahead to cross.

U post this question several time and got very little attention because of the complexity of your case. Your solicitor is in better position to help u .

If u dont trust him (as u said in previous posts that may be he is doing this to prolong without your knowledge) than change your solicitor.
thanks for your reply.I asked my solicitor about this issue.he said -may be I won't get chance for hearing in future but I will able to qualify to apply for ILR.with ILR application he will include a cover letter describing everything specially chronology of appeal process.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:35 am

SEL7 wrote:All,
Can the administrator or owner of the google SET (LR) spreadsheet (timeline) add new rows so new applicants can add their details and waiting time accordingly.(

I have also noticed that the waiting time is becoming longer compared to the months of March and April. It is skewing upwards sharply than expected 4-6 weeks for March/April applications.

1. Could the recent politics on immigration have had an impact or influence on the speed of decisions at HO?

2. Could it be the back-load building up suddenly because most the applicants put through their application in order to take advantage of the lower immigration fees prior to April hikes?

I think because they want more people to go on premium service that's why they r delaying postal applications.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

wilkinsin48
Newly Registered

Post by wilkinsin48 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:51 am

Can somebody please confirm if there is any changes due in 10 years long residency rule in the next 12 months.

My 10 years will complete end of June 2016. Will rule be still there by the time?

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:55 am

wilkinsin48 wrote:Can somebody please confirm if there is any changes due in 10 years long residency rule in the next 12 months.

My 10 years will complete end of June 2016. Will rule be still there by the time?
no changes ,no worries

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:00 pm

One more question, I m in entrepreneur visa which has been granted in April 2015, now I m planning to put ilr on basis of 10 years long residency in august 15, do I need to show any document related to my business??

Jedi111
Newly Registered

Post by Jedi111 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:04 pm

go2tariq wrote:
Jedi111 wrote:
Shah05 wrote:It's for both same day and postal.
Thnx a lot for clarifying
Would you please let us know your experience by taking the same day service. Also how many days before out of 28 days you are planning to make your application.
I m planning to go in july.I will post my experience inshallah

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:16 pm

Sure we all will be waiting.

tahir.usman201

Post by tahir.usman201 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:17 pm

Hello Guys,

I want to ask you some questions as I want to apply for my wife FLR M in this month.

I am self employed and I filed my tax return for Apr 2014 to Apr 2015 for £16136
My wife is on Salaried employment and her total income £2733 from Apr 2014 to Apr 2015

Combined income from Category A and Category F: £18869

1) Can I can combined bother income together ?

2) on the form what I have to tick

Section 7A - Financial requirement

7.3) I am self employed and my wife is on Salaried employment do we have to fill

Income from Salried Employment ___ Complete section 7.3
Current Anual Salary £2733

Income from Self employment ____ Complete section 7.3B
Amount of income from this source £16136

Total Amout £18869

7.3A) only for my wife

You and your sponsor total income from Salaried employment? £2733

When Combined does your annual income and your sponsor's annual income from current employment
meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet?

Yes No

You or Your sponsor must have been employed by the same employer for 6 months prior to the application
and your combined total earnings must meet the specified ammount at 7.3A for this 6 month period.
If not, does you and your sponsor income from salaried received in the 12 months prior to application meet or
exceed the financial requirement you must meet?

Yes No

7.3B) To be filled by me as a self employed

(Category F)
(a) How much income did you or your sponsor earn from self employment in the last financial year?

You Your Sponsor
£16136

(b) Does your/you sponsor's combined self employment earnings in the last financial year equal or exceed the financial
requirement you must meet ?

Yes (go to section 7.4) No (go to question 7.3c)

(c) Does you/your sponsor's combined self employment earnings in the last financial year equal or exceed the
financial requirement when combined with other specified income for the same financial year? You cannot combined self employment with savings to meet the financial requirement

Yes (Got to section 7.3c and 7.3d where applicable) No (go to question 7.3c)

(7.3c) I dont need to fill it right?
(7.3d) I dont need to fill it right?
(7.3e) I dont need to fill it right?

7.4) Taking into account you total permitted income do you meet the financial requirements applicable to your application as stated at 7.2?

Yes No

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:14 am

tahir.usman201 wrote:Hello Guys,

I want to ask you some questions as I want to apply for my wife FLR M in this month.

I am self employed and I filed my tax return for Apr 2014 to Apr 2015 for £16136
My wife is on Salaried employment and her total income £2733 from Apr 2014 to Apr 2015

7.3) I am self employed and my wife is on Salaried employment do we have to fill

Total Amout £18869

7.3A) only for my wife

When Combined does your annual income and your sponsor's annual income from current employment

Yes No

You or Your sponsor must have been employed by the same employer for 6 months prior to the application
and your combined total earnings must meet the specified ammount at 7.3A for this 6 month period.
If not, does you and your sponsor income from salaried received in the 12 months prior to application meet or

Yes No

(Category F)
(a) How much income did you or your sponsor earn from self employment in the last financial year?

You Your Sponsor
£16136

(b) Does your/you sponsor's combined self employment earnings in the last financial year equal or exceed the financial

(c) Does you/your sponsor's combined self employment earnings in the last financial year equal or exceed the
financial requirement when combined with other specified income for the same financial year? You cannot combined self employment with savings to meet the financial requirement

7.4) Taking into account you total permitted income do you meet the financial requirements applicable to your application as stated at 7.2?

Yes No
This thread is not for flrm

Go here

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 77192.html

tahir.usman201

Post by tahir.usman201 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:55 am

Thanks for your advice but I am not asking you.

Zee ali wrote:
tahir.usman201 wrote:Hello Guys,

Total Amout £18869

7.3A) only for my wife

Yes No

Yes No

(Category F)

You Your Sponsor
£16136

Yes No
This thread is not for flrm

Go here

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 77192.html

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:37 am

Tahir, don't feel bad bro. The reason he asked you to post your query on correct thread so you can get answer from the relevant experienced people. As this thread is for set Lr probably you might not get desirable answers due to lack of experience. Somehow let's wait if anyone has any experience on this and reply of your answer. Good luck.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:10 pm

Shah05 wrote:Tahir, don't feel bad bro. The reason he asked you to post your query on correct thread so you can get answer from the relevant experienced people. As this thread is for set Lr probably you might not get desirable answers due to lack of experience. Somehow let's wait if anyone has any experience on this and reply of your answer. Good luck.
Thanks shah05. May be he is expecting Theresa May to answer his query

tahir.usman201

Post by tahir.usman201 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Zee ali wrote:
Shah05 wrote:Tahir, don't feel bad bro. The reason he asked you to post your query on correct thread so you can get answer from the relevant experienced people. As this thread is for set Lr probably you might not get desirable answers due to lack of experience. Somehow let's wait if anyone has any experience on this and reply of your answer. Good luck.
Thanks shah05. May be he is expecting Theresa May to answer his query
Uk aa gaye hoo lakin soch nahi badli

lol...

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:14 pm

Good luck tahir, I really hope you get your answer now.

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:03 pm

surprisingly no approval in last couple of weeks???? :roll:

HO is fast sleeping, :wink: i believe lol....

saady
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by saady » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi guys,

Thankyou very much for your time. I will try to make it short and precise.

Date of entry clearance: 15/05/2005
date of entry in UK: 17/09/2005

Date when ILR is due: 17/09/2015 (able to apply 20/08/2015 as i can send my application 28 days prior to when my ILR is due)

Current visa status: was given tier 4 visa in september 2015 till january 2016 but because government wants to shut down every educational institute it touches. I have been given curtailment letter and my visa is restricted to 3rd august 2015 making me short of 17 days in order to apply for ILR.

Question: It also states on the letter that after 28 days from 3rd of august 2015, i will be considered over stayer > Am i right in thinking that i can utilize these 28 days to make up for the 17 days I require. Will it be a safe option?

1.Do i have any other options? I am cohabiting with EU partner, can it help me in any way, although i would rather avoid this route as much as possible.

2. Since i have been a student with no right of work, do i still need to show my financial records i.e bank statements etc.

Please guide!

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:12 pm

saady wrote:Hi guys,

Date when ILR is due: 17/09/2015 (able to apply 20/08/2015 as i can send my application 28 days prior to when my ILR is due)

Current visa status: was given tier 4 visa in september 2015 till january 2016 but because government wants to shut down every educational institute it touches. I have been given curtailment letter and my visa is restricted to 3rd august 2015 making me short of 17 days in order to apply for ILR.

Question: It also states on the letter that after 28 days from 3rd of august 2015, i will be considered over stayer > Am i right in thinking that i can utilize these 28 days to make up for the 17 days I require. Will it be a safe option?

1.Do i have any other options? I am cohabiting with EU partner, can it help me in any way, although i would rather avoid this route as much as possible.

2. Since i have been a student with no right of work, do i still need to show my financial records i.e bank statements etc.

Please guide!
Answer for Q1: From what I understand you can apply for FLR (FP) when your visa expires, by the time HO send you confirmation letter and Biometric letter, 17 days will pass. After 17 days you can apply for SET (LR) with a cover letter requesting to defer your FLR(FP) to SEL (LR).

Answer for Q2: For your SET(LR) only documents you need is "Life in the UK test certificate" & English Language certificate...

saady
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by saady » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:22 pm

UK007 wrote:

Please guide!
Answer for Q1: From what I understand you can apply for FLR (FP) when your visa expires, by the time HO send you confirmation letter and Biometric letter, 17 days will pass. After 17 days you can apply for SET (LR) with a cover letter requesting to defer your FLR(FP) to SEL (LR).

Answer for Q2: For your SET(LR) only documents you need is "Life in the UK test certificate" & English Language certificate...
Thanks for the prompt reply brother.
Is it a long shot or do you think i have a good chance of covering 17 days of shortfall with what you suggested?
I have BBA hons degree. do i still need an english language certificate?

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:41 pm

Zee ali wrote:
SEL7 wrote:All,

I think because they want more people to go on premium service that's why they r delaying postal applications.
Thanks Zee ali. Approvals have completely stopped looking at the google SET (LR) spreadsheet. Absolutely crazy huh. Had i known about the premium service before my April application surely I would have gone for it but again my case was complex as I had to withdraw appeal bluh bluh, and i dont know how best I would have addressed it otherwise without overstaying??

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:11 pm

Darvesh wrote:surprisingly no approval in last couple of weeks???? :roll:

HO is fast sleeping, :wink: i believe lol....
Darvesh, I have observed the same thing.There might be other reasons why approvals have slowed down significantly- some kind of politics, back log or simply overwhelmed with premium applications as Zee ali suggested earlier. It is difficult to tell at this stage what is going on since we can not make out any sense or the meaning of the data in the google SET (LR) spreadsheet that would suggest a backlog or significant attention to premium applications. It is difficult to speculate too, simply because there are NO new data inputs on new applications either on postal or premium applications on the google spreadsheet. I think the google spreadsheet, for now, is useless because there is no incoming data and the problem is without spaces to fill in new entries applicants stay away from it.

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:21 pm

UK007 wrote:

Please guide!

Yes the best thing is to vary your application after you meet the requirements.Why don't you have the right to work as a student? or was your last visa a visiting student visa?

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:29 pm

iTHINK

some politics is going to take place soon

since 2 days news are showing about illegal immigrants caught on lorry at dover plus some died

and Con(s) mps are blaming it on HUMAN RIGHTS ACT and want to replace it with british one

SEL7 wrote:
UK007 wrote:

Please guide!

Yes the best thing is to defer your application after you meet the requirements.Why don't you have the right to work as a student? or was your last visa a visiting student visa?