ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stats of EU members in Ireland with non EEA spouse.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ves
Newly Registered

Post by ves » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:25 pm

eu country of worker: SPAIN
non eu country of spouse: CROATIA
date of application for residence card for spouse: 31 january 2007
approved,denied or pending: DENIED,14 august 2007

Dimy77

Post by Dimy77 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:47 am

eu country of worker: The Netherlands
non eu country of spouse: Brazil
date of application for residence card for spouse: 15 may 2007
approved,denied or pending: Denied, but received 2 years Stamp 4
decision letter received: 16 november 2007
Last edited by Dimy77 on Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

kmrsj
Newly Registered

Post by kmrsj » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:36 pm

Hi All,

Great forum, by the way!

EU-Country of worker: Austria

Non-EEA country of spouse: New Zealand

Date of application for residence card for spouse: 12th January 2007

Approved, Denied, or Pending (if approved, supply date of approval): Denied 07/08/07

My now husband came to Ireland on a Working Holiday Visa, we then got married in Ireland on the 19th Dec 2006 and sent off the EU1 on the above date. Again, never lived in another EU state before Ireland although we lived together in New Zealand. He had to go to the GNIB on our wedding day to register the fact he was getting married, which I presume gave him permission to stay in the country. Now we are not quite sure what to do :shock:

Cheerio,
K

rainbow2007
Newly Registered

Stats of EU Members and non EEA spouse

Post by rainbow2007 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:20 pm

EU-Country of worker: Poland

Non-EEA country of spouse: Bangladesh

Date of application for residence card for spouse: 07th August 2007

Approved, Denied, or Pending (if approved, supply date of approval): Pending

We have applied in good faith, as advised by Gardai and have not extended his student visa! Funny isnt it!

We even had to cancel the flights to Bangladesh (december 2007)!

Is there anybody in similar situation?

botvot
Newly Registered

Post by botvot » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:14 pm

EU-Country of worker: Germany

Non-EEA country of spouse: South Africa

Date of application for residence card for spouse: 01 Feb 2007

Got married in South Africa and moved to Dublin a week later :) I (SA) am here on a stamp 4 and working, but awaiting a longer term agreement (5 yr). My stamp 4 is running out in Apr 08, do you think they'll not renew it if my application is being denied? What about my job...will I just have to quit?

botvot
Newly Registered

Post by botvot » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:22 pm

I just have to share a thought with all of you on our infamous position:

If all the EU countries took this Irish stance of "you have to have lived in another EU state before moving to Ireland (or whatever other EU country)" - where would we ever start??? No one would allow us to live or work anywhere!

And when I submitted my EU1 form, there was no indication on the form that you should submit proof of previous residency in another EU country.

Anyway, I submitted my case to Solvit this week, so let's see what happens.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:25 pm

botvot wrote:Got married in South Africa and moved to Dublin a week later :) I (SA) am here on a stamp 4 and working, but awaiting a longer term agreement (5 yr). My stamp 4 is running out in Apr 08, do you think they'll not renew it if my application is being denied? What about my job...will I just have to quit?
Sorry to hear that. hopefully it will have been sorted out by Apr08. How did you apply for the stamp4? Was it through a work permit?

botvot
Newly Registered

Post by botvot » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:40 pm

Hi arch

No, just after we arrived in Ireland, we went to GNIB, showed the marriage cert, passports etc. and was awarded a stamp 4 for one year. Got it renewed for 1 year again until Apr 08. Same method, went to GNIB to get the renewal, no real questions were asked, just employer's letter etc and usual other docs.

So is there any possibility that they would sudddenly not award it for the 3rd year running?

(I don't have much faith in any aspect of irish immigration anymore, nothing is a given, in my opinion. it depends who you get and how they interpret the law)

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:34 pm

Yes, I agree nothing is given here...just too many pubs around town if you ask me.

desifighter
Newly Registered

Post by desifighter » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:10 am

EU-Country of worker: Poland

Non-EEA country of spouse: India

Date of application for residence card for spouse: June 2007

Approved, Denied, or Pending (if approved/denied, supply date):Pending...

We both living in ireland from almost 2years before marriage. I applied for EU1 but i got my Student visa extended to be on safe side.......

desifighter
Newly Registered

Post by desifighter » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:26 am

Hi Aurbo,

EU-Country of worker:Italy
* Non-EEA country of spouse:USA
* Date of application for residence card for spouse: June 5th, 2007
* Approved, Denied, or Pending (if approved, supply date of approval): Pending, (got my original documents returned in 5 days as well as the request for evidence of residency in an EU state)

ANY INFORMATION ON THIS YET !!

I GOT MARRIED IN BELFAST.REST CASE IS SAME LIKE YOURS , DO YOU THINK IT WILL MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE.

schwdhry
Newly Registered

Post by schwdhry » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:50 am

EU-Country of worker: UK (living here for 15 years +)

Non-EEA country of spouse: India

Date of application for residence card for spouse: 1st March 2007

Approved, Denied, or Pending (if approved, supply date of approval): Denied - 7th September, 2007

We received letter from INIS, that basically states that the application can be resubmitted based on the Supreme Court decision on Kumar case.

I tried to get a Stamp 3 visa for my wife, but was denied. :(

shahzadbk
Newly Registered

Post by shahzadbk » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:01 am

EU-Country of worker: Estonia

Non-EEA country of spouse: Pakistan

Date of application for residence card for spouse: 28th December 2006

Approved, Denied, or Pending (if approved, supply date of approval): Denied 02/08/07

schwdhry
Newly Registered

Post by schwdhry » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:00 pm

botvot wrote:EU-Country of worker: Germany

Non-EEA country of spouse: South Africa

Date of application for residence card for spouse: 01 Feb 2007

Got married in South Africa and moved to Dublin a week later :) I (SA) am here on a stamp 4 and working, but awaiting a longer term agreement (5 yr). My stamp 4 is running out in Apr 08, do you think they'll not renew it if my application is being denied? What about my job...will I just have to quit?

How can someone get a Stamp 4 visa? I simply went to the GNIB last week, for a Stamp 3 for my wife, and was simply refused.. any suggestions as to what I can do? I am a British national married to an Indian. Wife was denied residency in September.

rainbow2007
Newly Registered

Stats of EU Members and non EEA spouse

Post by rainbow2007 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:02 pm

Guys,

What will you do in case if you will be denied?
(I am touching the wood!!)
Or what do you plan to do if this will happen?

If your (my) spouse will have to go back and you apply for spose visa D, what will be his/her status again in the country?

That will not provide the evidence of the residence in another Eu member state which is required.

What stamp will be on her/his passeport while coming/entering Ireland on a spouse visa? Any idea?

Please share yours thoughts!

Rainbow2007
Polish, Bangladeshi husband, in Ireland both since 2004

microlab

Post by microlab » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:10 pm

schwdhry :
How can someone get a Stamp 4 visa?
You can not.
Case you refering to is diferent to yours.They were applying before this EU1 thing and got extension and his partner is non visa national.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#119611

Out of interest where did you get married and what kind of visa did your partner have when you applied?

rainbow2007
Newly Registered

Post by rainbow2007 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:43 pm

We got married here in Ireland.
His student visa expired on 30.06 (stamp2).
As advised on Garda we did not extend but applied for residency with EU1.
We got married on 03.08. In between my husband had stamp 3.
We applied only on 07.08, were waiting for Marriage Licence to send everything together.
How unaware we were we can see only now.
We applied in good faith. Had all the documents.
Nobody requested that time prove of residency in another Member State.

Any hope for us you think?

He was here legally all 3.5 years. Same to me!

schwdhry
Newly Registered

Post by schwdhry » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:52 am

microlab wrote:schwdhry :
How can someone get a Stamp 4 visa?
You can not.
Case you refering to is diferent to yours.They were applying before this EU1 thing and got extension and his partner is non visa national.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#119611

Out of interest where did you get married and what kind of visa did your partner have when you applied?
Hi,
Thanks for the info.

We got married in India, and then my partner came with me in a spouse visa (category D)

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:58 am

schwdhry wrote:How can someone get a Stamp 4 visa? I simply went to the GNIB last week, for a Stamp 3 for my wife, and was simply refused.. any suggestions as to what I can do? I am a British national married to an Indian. Wife was denied residency in September.
Doesn't matter if some idiot refused you the stamp3. Try to see someone else next time and they might be more helpful and give your wife the stamp3...that how it worked for us. They are refusing stamp4 for everyone.

Anyways, both you and your wife need to be there, take a letter from your employer with your salary details, health insurance for both. When you talk to the immigration officer make sure that you emphasise your wife is here on a spouse visa and is not trying to convert from a illegal status to a legal one.
Good luck.

schwdhry
Newly Registered

Post by schwdhry » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:36 am

archigabe wrote:
schwdhry wrote:How can someone get a Stamp 4 visa? I simply went to the GNIB last week, for a Stamp 3 for my wife, and was simply refused.. any suggestions as to what I can do? I am a British national married to an Indian. Wife was denied residency in September.
Doesn't matter if some idiot refused you the stamp3. Try to see someone else next time and they might be more helpful and give your wife the stamp3...that how it worked for us. They are refusing stamp4 for everyone.

Anyways, both you and your wife need to be there, take a letter from your employer with your salary details, health insurance for both. When you talk to the immigration officer make sure that you emphasise your wife is here on a spouse visa and is not trying to convert from a illegal status to a legal one.
Good luck.
Thanks for your suggestion. Your message above has given me a renewed inspiration to try again today. I shalll update once I return back this evening. Hopefully, the queue isn't too bad around 2/3pm :roll:
Sandeep

schwdhry
Newly Registered

Post by schwdhry » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:29 pm

schwdhry wrote:
archigabe wrote:

Good luck.
Thanks for your suggestion. Your message above has given me a renewed inspiration to try again today. I shalll update once I return back this evening. Hopefully, the queue isn't too bad around 2/3pm :roll:
Sandeep
Didn't manage to get a ticket yesterday as GNIB closed early yesterday. Will try again next week.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:19 pm

well, Good luck next time.Hope you get to see a different officer.

zaluminati
Newly Registered

Post by zaluminati » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:27 pm

Eu-country of worker:Poland
non-EEA country of spouse:Democratic republic of congo
Date of application:5th april 2007
date of refusal:september 2007
We been living together for one year before getting married in ireland.
Spouse living in ireland since 2002,living legally under 6months temporary residence,awaiting refugee appeals tribunal hearing date after winning two judicial review against them in the high court.
Been told by eu treaty rights section that we have no right of appeal.
Have written letters to department of justice and eu commisiion,please let me know if i can do more in order to appeal this unjust decision by the irish govt.
thank you all for this great forum

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:02 pm

You have been misinformed by the E.U treaty rights section that you have no right to appeal. I would either take them to court or wait for the decision to come through in cases similar to yours which are going to be decided in the courts this year.
The irish government are in the serious breach of the E.U directive 2004/38/EC, so there is a good possibility of someone's legal challenge to change the Irish Dept.of Justice policy.

zaluminati
Newly Registered

Thanks archibage

Post by zaluminati » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:25 pm

Thanx for your message about me appealing decision of eu treaty rights section.I sent a letter of appeal to the irish naturalisation service and to the eu commision in dublin and also to siobhan duffy of eu representation.
I spoke to my solicitor he thinks that we should wait for news on the kumar case because even if we lodged a a challenge to thise decision through the high court he thinks that it will just be left waiting behind this kumar case.But he says that my case is different from kumar and he will try and get some more info but that if we should do something it will have to be whithin 3months of the refusal letter but i will be talking to my solicitor this week and see what can be done.If you know any other way i can appeal this refusal please let me know even if its sending letters to some people like td ANYBODY please give some advice it will be greatly apppreciated. thanx to all.by the way in my refusal letter it says that all relevant letters should be forwarded to refugee appeals tribunal not eu treaty rights or immigration service.
Any advice is appreciated on this