ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address on naturalisation form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HarryC
United Kingdom

Address on naturalisation form

Post by HarryC » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:21 am

Hello
I am going through divorce and basically moved out of my spouse's house last year.
Currently living in a Bed and breakfast from last year and looking to buy my own property.
For convenience, my spouse allowed me to still let all my posts come to her address as in Bed and breakfast, its bit difficult to receive my own personal post, and since i will be getting my own property, it will then be easier for me to change my address to my private property.
My question is: is there a risk that i will fail on good character since all my bank statements, details with hmrc etc have got the old address?
Shall i mention in a covering letter, my situation?
harry
Settlement visa
VFS centre: New Delhi
Application submitted: 09-09-2015
Biometrics done: 09-09-2015
Application received in Delhi: 09-09-2015

HarryC
United Kingdom

Re: Address on naturalisation form

Post by HarryC » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:59 pm

BUMP

Can anyone please respond to me ?
harry
Settlement visa

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:06 pm

HarryC wrote:BUMP

Can anyone please respond to me ?
They would not know if you don't tell, if you are able to get all your post for around next 6 months or even if you move to another property you can fill in online form for change of address. Don't have to tell home office. If you are applying BC or 3 years (married to british citizen) then it can be an issue, but at the end of the day if you have spent 3 years and you are separated you can still get BC, this doesn't cover in good character. Your divorce or separation can have multiple issues. Please read the form and guidance notes carefully, if they don't ask you for your family issues, you don't have to tell.

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:24 pm

Hello

I am applying on 3 years marriage route as my spouse is ok to provide me marriage certificate and birth certificate
i am using NCS so will be sending certified copies.

If i dont mention my present address, what if they find out from court that i am now going through divorce and in the petition i did say that i moved out of her address?
harry
Settlement visa

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:34 pm

can anyone please reply.
harry
Settlement visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:39 pm

I am going through divorce
At what stage is the divorce proceedings at or how far before being finalised and decree absolute being granted?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:43 pm

I havent yet received decree nisi date so not sure when will that be made absolute.
Is that ok?
harry
Settlement visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:48 pm

Not sure if the timings will work for you if you are applying as spouse of BC. Usually in this scenario, couples wait for approval before they start divorce proceedings.

In your Previous Thread (Click) you stated that you came to the UK in 2009. Why don't you apply on the basis of 5 years residence?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:50 pm

CR001 wrote:Not sure if the timings will work for you if you are applying as spouse of BC. Usually in this scenario, couples wait for approval before they start divorce proceedings.

In your Previous Thread (Click) you stated that you came to the UK in 2009. Why don't you apply on the basis of 5 years residence?
I guess on the date of application, i am still married so can apply on 3 years route? If i do get divorced half way, will it create a problem? how can they find out?