ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

self-employed question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

koral
Newly Registered

self-employed question

Post by koral » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:45 pm

Quick question to experts here: I am filling out AN naturalisation form, what should I put under details of my employment:

I am currently self-employed but has been self-employed for only for less than 4 months and HRMC is still processing my registration as self-employed. Hence, I cannot show paying taxes on being self-employed given that I have not filed the tax return for this year. Naturally I can show self assessment page, showing my payments for the previous years when I was employed. Would this be sufficient? Please advise on how to approach this.

I realise that employment status is not a requirement for naturalisation, just want to avoid any delays.

Many thanks

quadusa

Re: self-employed question

Post by quadusa » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:52 pm

I will advise you show pro-rata of your earnings from self-employment, get an accountant to prepare a statement and covering letter for you.