ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

High Court appeal in process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smallfamily27
Newly Registered

High Court appeal in process

Post by smallfamily27 » Mon May 04, 2015 5:42 pm

Hi everyone

I just need some advice... my spouse visa appeal request has been accepted by the high court on the basis of error of law.

The court date is in few weeks time. Now my question is... does my presence is crucial? Should I must be present in the court room? I have a solicitor but he is forcing me to be present. The appeal was submitted by my wife. The solicitor has her consent form and her permission form to act on her behalf. Actually I have a very important meeting on the court day and my boss is not giving me a day off on that day. So what should I do?

Home office consider me as a third party even I'm the sponser. Few days back I rang them for an update but they refused. They said to ask my wife to call or her solicitor.
Many thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: High Court appeal in process

Post by Obie » Mon May 04, 2015 5:47 pm

If the solicitor told you your presence is important, then he must be correct, depending on the circumstances of the refusal.

If you are not available, you can seek an adjournment, or ask the court to list it for later in the day when you will be available.

It does not look well, if the judge takes the view that you could not be bothered to attend.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

smallfamily27
Newly Registered

Post by smallfamily27 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:49 am

Hi everyone

Finally a good news from my side after a long period of time...We have now received the decision from the high court judge that our appeal has been allowed. The judge accepted that there was an error of law in our refusal last time.

Now whats next? Who will contact my wife and in how long and how; through a call letter or a phone call? Does she need another TB test before submitting her passport coz it was valid for only 6 months I guess.

Many thanks

smallfamily27
Newly Registered

Post by smallfamily27 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:24 pm

Can someone pls shed some light on my queries