ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VINNY, AMBER, CHAR AND SENIOR MEMBERS 2 QUESTIONS PLEASE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zun
Newly Registered

VINNY, AMBER, CHAR AND SENIOR MEMBERS 2 QUESTIONS PLEASE

Post by Zun » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:27 am

Dear All

I have been following this form for sometime and has been great help , I need some help please.

Myself , my wife and my child are all on ILR.

Question 1 .

Can my wife and child apply for Naturalisation after the 12 months period on ILR without me applying for Naturalisation or do I have to apply as well at the same time for them to apply for Naturalisation ?

Question 2 . If yes to above .

If my wife and child have British Passport and I am on ILR , if we have a second child born abroad can the child automatically register to be British when born abroad ?

Thank you for your help .

Regards

Zun

Zun
Newly Registered

Re: VINNY, AMBER, CHAR AND SENIOR MEMBERS 2 QUESTIONS PLEAS

Post by Zun » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:27 pm

Found the answers , lol ... in the FAQ ... Thank you guys ....

My spouse was granted ILR as a dependant. When can he/she apply?

Once a dependant is granted ILR, he/she is not a dependant any more. For naturalisation, each applicant needs to meet the requirements (including the 5 years residence period).

Born abroad

If the child was born outside the UK, then once one parent applies for naturalisation, the child can apply for Registration under section 3(1). The is application at discretion and the HO would expect that the other parent to hold (or to be close to holding) a ILR/PR status.
For the guidelines on Registration at discretion see section 9.17.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:45 pm

If a naturalised British parent has another child, then this child would be automatically British. However, any child born aboard previously to non-British parents may register.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Zun
Newly Registered

Post by Zun » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:03 pm

Thank you Vinny .

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:15 pm

Forgot to add: After your naturalisation, current child may register, if child and other parent are settled in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Zun
Newly Registered

Post by Zun » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:01 pm

Thanks Again ..