ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 going for ILR on 6th June

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

honerboy
Newly Registered

Tier 2 going for ILR on 6th June

Post by honerboy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:59 pm

I really need urgent help please with my query.

I am on tier 2 visa general and sponsored as a doctor by NHS hospital since Dec 2009. A year ago I started doing extra locum work not exceeding 20 hrs a week as a doctor. For this I had to open a limited company as hospitals doesn't pay directly to a personal account. I was of the impression and even after confirming with HMRC that having a limited company is not self employed. It means you are the owner and employee. I justhink get paid into the account for the locum work I do. I am applying for ILR on 6th June and that after a day. I am scared to death now if this is alright. Am I doing something wrong. I never thought about it until today. I will get the ILR from the salary of my sponsors and it never came to my mind if I have to even inform in the application for that I do occasional extra hours. Unlike in tier 1 when you have to mention all the earnings.
I have even paid taxes for this extra 20 hrs per week work.

Please give me your expert advise if I am doing the right thing and proceed for the ILR. If I am wrong what should I do? I can't afford to get a refusal as I have a family with kids and lots of commitment. I am a very honest person and never got into any illegal stuff.

Please please please advise as I am just scared to death.

Waiting for a reply very soon.

Many thanks

honerboy
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 going for ILR on 6th June

Post by honerboy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:55 pm

Please expert member and anyone who have this experience share your views and advise.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:09 pm

Your query is about supplementary employment.

see para 227 of the T2 policy guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_2015.pdf

From Immigration Rule 6:

"employment" unless the contrary intention appears, includes paid and unpaid employment, paid and unpaid work placements undertaken as part of a course or period of study, self employment and engaging in business or any professional activity".

Also, have a look at these two posts:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... ry#p952666

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... plementary

IMHO your locum work will not affect your ILR application .

Please let the forum know how you got on on 6 June

honerboy
Newly Registered

Post by honerboy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:20 pm

Thanks so much. Wanted to ask if I have to mention about it as I can't see any option in the form and also its written that if work is less than 20 hrs per week we don't have to inform HO. If I have to mention about this extra work how to go about it. What documents I need cause its very occasionally I have worked.

Thanks so much

honerboy
Newly Registered

Post by honerboy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:12 pm

Sorry for asking again. What about the limited company question in my previous post? HMRC states that opening a limited company doesn't mean you are self employed

"If you set up a limited company, you’re not classed as self-employed but as both an owner and employee of your company. You’ll follow different rules on tax and National Insurance"- This is mention in the UK gov website.

The reason I did locum work for less than 20 hrs per week through a limited company cause the hospitals don't pay directly into a personal account. Please advise if I did something wrong? I am clarified in the supplementary work query. I am just worried now of the "limited company" query.

Please advise as I have 1 more day to go for my ILR.

honerboy
Newly Registered

Post by honerboy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:47 am

Please reply..

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:26 am

honerboy wrote:Thanks so much. Wanted to ask if I have to mention about it as I can't see any option in the form and also its written that if work is less than 20 hrs per week we don't have to inform HO. If I have to mention about this extra work how to go about it. What documents I need cause its very occasionally I have worked.

Thanks so much
You don't have to mention anything about supplementary employment.
IMHO for immigration purposes it makes no difference what form this takes, taxation is a different matter.

honerboy
Newly Registered

Post by honerboy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:05 am

Thanks so much for your advise. One more thing to clarify please. If they ask about the money coming into my personal account apart from my salary what will be the right way to say it. Thanks again.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:46 am

honerboy wrote:Thanks so much for your advise. One more thing to clarify please. If they ask about the money coming into my personal account apart from my salary what will be the right way to say it.
the truth - supplementary employment.

Thanks again.

honerboy
Newly Registered

Post by honerboy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:58 am

Ok. Sure. Thanks so much