ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for MN1 without NCS checking

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jalil

Documents for MN1 without NCS checking

Post by jalil » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:37 am

I have recently got my ILR together with my wife.
My child was born in UK and I am applying to register him as british citizen. I am also applying for child benefit.

I am not using NC Service and not sure about the documents needed.

1.I am sending his birth certificate, passport, my passport, my BRP fees leaflet's payment detail page together with MN1 form.Are these enough?

2.Do I need to send his Tier 2 dependent BRP (still valid untill 15 July) as well?

3.Do I need to send my wife's passport and ILR as well?

Many thanks for your advice in advance!

Regards
Jalil

Many thnaks
Jalil

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Documents for MN1 without NCS checking

Post by aliq09 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:30 am

Hi ,

Will advice you to go for NCS as they will return you all of your original documents . Under the current situation , once you send your application it will take 1 month around for fees to go from your account , if you are lucky you will receive Biometric enrollment letter after 1 week of fee processing or late! and than there will be a long wait for certificate . I can't say till what time but you can go and see MN1 section . As per your document list here it is in my best opinion .

1) Your Original Passport / passports if they have any UK EC or Visa.
2) Your ILR BRP Original.
3) Your wife passport / / passports if they have any UK EC or Visa.
4)Your wife ILR BRP Original.
5) Marriage certificate Original ( must be in English).
6) Child passport if any original.
7) Detailed original birth certificate.
8 Yes MN 1 form correctly filled ( NCS do the checks if some thing is wrong or any critical document missing )

Good luck!
Thanks

Ali

jalil

Post by jalil » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:55 am

aliq09 wrote:Hi ,

Will advice you to go for NCS as they will return you all of your original documents . Under the current situation , once you send your application it will take 1 month around for fees to go from your account , if you are lucky you will receive Biometric enrollment letter after 1 week of fee processing or late! and than there will be a long wait for certificate . I can't say till what time but you can go and see MN1 section . As per your document list here it is in my best opinion .

1) Your Original Passport / passports if they have any UK EC or Visa.
2) Your ILR BRP Original.
3) Your wife passport / / passports if they have any UK EC or Visa.
4)Your wife ILR BRP Original.
5) Marriage certificate Original ( must be in English).
6) Child passport if any original.
7) Detailed original birth certificate.
8 Yes MN 1 form correctly filled ( NCS do the checks if some thing is wrong or any critical document missing )

Good luck!
Thanks Ali for your reply!

Our NCS has a long waiting time for the appointment so I am going to send original documents.

According to this post http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html documents needed for the child born in the under section 1 (3) as follows:
Q2: Which documents are needed for registration as BC?

If applying under section 1(3) (child born in the UK to parents who now at least one parent holds ILR), the following documents are required:

- Original full UK birth certificate for the child (with the ILR parent named on it).
- Original child passport (if has one).
- Parent's passport showing ILR / BRP. (photocopies of all pages are accepted)
- Marriage certificate (if child born before 2006).
As this was posted in 2009 I am just trying to get an update if this is still the case.

My child born in 2010 do I need to send marriage certificate?

Do I need to send both parent's passport and ILR or just one parent's documents are enough?

Please advise me senior members.

Regards
Jalil

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:25 pm

You would be silly not to use NCS. It doesn't have to be your local council. You can book any council which has early appointments.

I doesn't have to be both parents passport and ILR. One will do.

Don't need to send Marriage Certificate.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:09 pm

solospy wrote:You would be silly not to use NCS.
Not necessarily. Making the application by post is perfectly fine and saves you 100£

The only thing that you need to send is the birth certificate of your child and your ILR approval proof. For ILR approval proof, you can send the approval letter that you got when your ILR was approved. I am saying this based on my personal experience.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:42 pm

UKBALoveStory wrote:
Not necessarily. Making the application by post is perfectly fine and saves you 100£

The only thing that you need to send is the birth certificate of your child and your ILR approval proof. For ILR approval proof, you can send the approval letter that you got when your ILR was approved. I am saying this based on my personal experience.

What if he needs to travel urgently due to an emergency ?

I would always use NCS.

jalil

Post by jalil » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:36 pm

solospy wrote:
UKBALoveStory wrote:

What if he needs to travel urgently due to an emergency ?

I would always use NCS.
We don't have any plan to travel abroad.

Could any one advise if
these are enough and answer my question
I greatly appreciate it!

1. Child recent passport (issued early May) does previous passports with Visa stamps also needed?
2.Child birth certificate
3.My passport and ILR or just ILR BRP
5.MN1 application form with a pasted photo on it
6.Payment detail page of fee leaflet
7.Do I need to send my wife's passport and ILR or just mine is enough?

Many thanks

Jalil