ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benefit documents for child born abroad with ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jalil

Child benefit documents for child born abroad with ILR

Post by jalil » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:44 pm

Hi,

I have recently got my ILR together with my wife and child born abroad.
My younger child was born in UK and I am applying to register him as british citizen. I am also applying for child benefit.
I am not using NCS and not sure about the documents needed for each application.

Could anybody please advise me regarding below queries?

1. what documents I needed to send with child benefit form for both of my children (one born in the UK one abroad)?please advise if photocopies are accepted without NCS.

2.do I need to send my son's BRP (Tier2 still valid) with his MN1 form?

3.I am sending his very recent and previous passport, birth certificate with parents name on it, my passport and ILR card. Is this suffice or I need to send his TIier 2 dependant BRP (still valid) and my wife's passport and ILR card as well?

I appreciate greatly any advice from senior members!

Many thnaks
Jalil

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child benefit documents for child born abroad with ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:49 pm

Your post is a bit confusing. If you are asking about child benefit, you need to ask separately from the MN1 query.

HO does not accept photocopies for MN1 applications, you will need to send originals.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jalil

Post by jalil » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:45 am

CR001 wrote:Your post is a bit confusing. If you are asking about child benefit, you need to ask separately from the MN1 query.

HO does not accept photocopies for MN1 applications, you will need to send originals.

Thank for your reply CR001. I make it hopefully a little bit clear.

Basically I have recently got my ILR together with my wife and child born abroad.
I am applying for child benefit .My younger child was born in UK and my elder child born abroad (with no birth certificate translated to English) granted ILR

I am not using NCS and not sure about the documents needed along with CH2 for:

-UK born child (we have just his birth certificate with no parents name on it as longer birth certificate is being sent to HO together with his passports for Citizenship registration)
-Child born abroad (she has passport and ILR card, and no birth certificate)
-For parent who is claiming child benefit (we have just my wife's ILR and passport) do we need to send orginal document of my wife?

Sorry for confusion caused and thanks for any advise in advance!

Many thnaks
Jalil

jalil

Post by jalil » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:38 am

Any advice much appreciated.

Jalil

jalil

Post by jalil » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:17 pm

In the form it says:
jalil wrote: If any child in this claim was born outside the UK we also need to see
their passport(s) or their travel documents used to enter the UK – do not
send photocopies
Which passport is this? Passport with earliest UK visa stamp on it or more recent passport which ILR is based on?
Thanks

jalil

Post by jalil » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:58 am

jalil wrote:In the form it says:
jalil wrote: If any child in this claim was born outside the UK we also need to see
their passport(s) or their travel documents used to enter the UK – do not
send photocopies
Which passport is this? Passport with earliest UK visa stamp on it or more recent passport which ILR is based on?
Thanks

will wait for reply!