ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Ilr and FLR(M) Visa on same day

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bonelaarun
Newly Registered

Applying for Ilr and FLR(M) Visa on same day

Post by bonelaarun » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:35 am

Hi All,

I will be eligible to apply for my ILR this July 2015 as i am completing 5 years on Tier 1 General Visa.

My wife who is currently on Tier -1 general Dependent visa came to this country in May 2014 which means she does not meet 2 years criteria for ILR dependency.

I am planning to apply through Premium service for ILR application and also want to book another appointment on same day for FLR(M) application for my wife.

Could anyone please let me know , if above is the correct way of applying dependent visa for my wife.

FYI: when i called Homeoffice, they asked me to extend her Tier-1 dependent visa first then apply again for FLR (M) on later date. But when I asked them when i am no longer on Tier-1 General Visa how can i apply for extension of her visa as Tier-1 general dependant they don't the answer.

Please advise.

n8net
- thin ice -

Re: Applying for Ilr and FLR(M) Visa on same day

Post by n8net » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:49 am

same situation. But, I applied for both of us on the same day VIA post (to minimise cost) and we both got our visas within 8 weeks.

I was worried that with my wife's FLR(M) I did not even send my passport and I did not hv ILR at that time as well (as I myself was sending ILR application to a diff address). But sent a cover letter explaining to HO and asking them to "verify internally" and I was surprised that actually did that and without we hving to send any more docs later, we both got our respective ILR and FLR(M).

so if that has worked via post, surely it should work for same day service ?

hope this helps.

cheers

bonelaarun
Newly Registered

Post by bonelaarun » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:58 am

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Is it possible for you to let me know, if you have supplied different documents for both applications like two sets of pay-slips, bank statements etc.

Regards,

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:11 pm

yes.. for mine I sent original paylsips, and for my wife sent payslips printed to company letter head and same for bank statements.

cheers

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:13 pm

bonelaarun wrote:Hi All,

I will be eligible to apply for my ILR this July 2015 as i am completing 5 years on Tier 1 General Visa.

My wife who is currently on Tier -1 general Dependent visa came to this country in May 2014 which means she does not meet 2 years criteria for ILR dependency.

I am planning to apply through Premium service for ILR application and also want to book another appointment on same day for FLR(M) application for my wife.

Could anyone please let me know , if above is the correct way of applying dependent visa for my wife.

FYI: when i called Homeoffice, they asked me to extend her Tier-1 dependent visa first then apply again for FLR (M) on later date. But when I asked them when i am no longer on Tier-1 General Visa how can i apply for extension of her visa as Tier-1 general dependant they don't the answer.

Please advise.
She can extend her visa as a PBS dependent(even though you apply for ILR) which will be granted for a maximum of 3 years and again she needs to extend it for 1 more year to get ILR. If she switches to FLR(M), her clock will be reset to 0 and has to wait for 5 years to get ILR.

Hope that helps.

bonelaarun
Newly Registered

Post by bonelaarun » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I am happy for her to wait for another 5 years by being on FLR(M) as going through PBS dependant extension twice will be costly for me.

Regards,