ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hmm

ILR questions

Post by hmm » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:46 pm

Dear All,
we'd be grateful of any advise and/or infos. My other half due to apply for ILR soon. we have NOT got enough documents to prove that we lived together for the first 10 months. Rest is fine. we only live in two address, first 10 month is in one and the current one. There is only two papers(letter from an employment agency and tenancyagreement) on his name address to the old property. I've few address to my name (bank statements, insurance certificate, one BT bill). Can't think of anyway to get address prove now on his name. any ideas??

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:20 pm

You may have no choice but to apply for another two year visa.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

hmm

Post by hmm » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:16 pm

Thanks for your reply. We'd like to apply for ILR anyway, take our chance. what will happen if the application rejected...would HO automatically consider the application for FLR or once the rejection letter comes through we'll have to apply for FLR with full FLR fee??

saeed1707
Newly Registered

FLR

Post by saeed1707 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:39 am

How long are FLR Visas issued for. I have been told its 6 or 12 months. Can it be up to 2 years ?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:24 am

As said above, it will be for 2 years .... another 2-year spouse visa.
John

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:53 pm

hmm wrote:Thanks for your reply. We'd like to apply for ILR anyway, take our chance. what will happen if the application rejected...would HO automatically consider the application for FLR or once the rejection letter comes through we'll have to apply for FLR with full FLR fee??
You'll probably lose the money - ir you may get lucky and they may just approve the FLR instead.

If you know you can't qualify, is it worth risking £750?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

hmm

Post by hmm » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:17 am

who said we are not qualified??? just short of documents for the first 10 months. might get lucky and be approved. there is only one way to find out.
I know people got ILR with very few documents. I think it's all depends on the officer who deals with your application. [/quote]

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:37 am

hmm wrote:who said we are not qualified??? just short of documents for the first 10 months. might get lucky and be approved. there is only one way to find out.
I know people got ILR with very few documents. I think it's all depends on the officer who deals with your application.
[/quote]

Then why are you wasting your time posting on this forum if you have already decided on your next course of action?

ilm

Post by ilm » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:37 pm

Only thing I can think is to take letters addressed to either of you spread evenly to cover the whole 24 month, including the first 10 months. When we applied in person they were more interested in making sure the docs were evenly spread rather than them being addressed to both of us.

They particularly wanted to see utility bills.

hmm

Post by hmm » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:03 pm

just an update.....
applied to ILR in Nov 07 thinking there is a good chance that it'll be rufused. Received the passportback within 4 weeks with an ILR stamp on it.