ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Lost my Job on Tier 2 general.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

playwork
Newly Registered

Urgent Lost my Job on Tier 2 general.

Post by playwork » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:33 pm

Hello Friends,
I lost my current job due to redundancy and I'm an Indian national. My Company has told that they gonna cancel my COS by June 15th. I have two Questions
1.When will I receive my 60 days curtailment letter If my Cos got cancelled on 15th?
2.I have got 2 years Experience in IT What are the chances of getting another tier 2 sponsor what should I say to my job consultant ?
3.Can I work for 20 hours (IT job) during this 60 days?
thanks.

ravi_ei

Re: Urgent Lost my Job on Tier 2 general.

Post by ravi_ei » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:27 am

Sorry to hear about this.
playwork wrote:Hello Friends,
I lost my current job due to redundancy and I'm an Indian national. My Company has told that they gonna cancel my COS by June 15th. I have two Questions
1.When will I receive my 60 days curtailment letter If my Cos got cancelled on 15th?
That may take some time but ideally you should receive it in a month. it can be more
2.I have got 2 years Experience in IT What are the chances of getting another tier 2 sponsor what should I say to my job consultant ?
Again its an unknown. no one can say how long it can take
3.Can I work for 20 hours (IT job) during this 60 days?
Unfortunately no
thanks.
Also please be aware that your continuous period might break if you don't start your new job within 60 days of the day your current employment ends? Manci Can you confirm this?

hydviv
Newly Registered

Post by hydviv » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:27 pm

ravi_ei

Your below statement is little wrong:-
Also please be aware that your continuous period might break if you don't start your new job within 60 days of the day your current employment ends? Manci Can you confirm this?

You don't have to start your new Job within 60 days, You should however apply for new leave within 60 days through new sponsor. (considering one can apply to Visa upto 3 months from COS date a person's continuous period should not break upto 5 months max).

hydviv
Newly Registered

Post by hydviv » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:35 pm

playwork,

Not all is lost, if there is a best time one could lose a job that is this. The market is picking up and there are fortunately quite a lot of companies that were register of sponsors who were hiring.
All you need to do is don't lose focus but work hard and get a new job., I know with ticking clock of 60 days it's very stressful but focus on what is important to get a new job.