ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE someone help us - critical situation!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

inshallah4me
Newly Registered

PLEASE someone help us - critical situation!

Post by inshallah4me » Mon May 25, 2015 4:26 pm

Hello to the forum!

I am in such critical situation I beg for help. My wife is diagnose with aggressive cancer and is having the therapy we need your help.

I am originally African citizen and acquired Spanish nationality some years ago. Me and my wife came UK some 7 years ago. My wife is Asian and not Spanish. My wife granted permanent residence some 2 years ago. We have 2 sons both born in UK. They are also both Spanish. Youngest son also born after wife had PR so is also British, but we not confirmed this or applied passport. I have PR but I have never applied for confirmation unlike wife.

At the moment I not work as illness and I receive ESA. My wife also not work due to cancer and is very unwell and cannot manage 2 children nor can I. We need help of my wife’s sister.

My wife sister in Asia I apply twice for general visit visa and they refuse. I need to get my sister-in-law here as soon as I can as we no family here and cannot manage.

I read regulation 8 but it says that sister-in-law must need care of EEA national but it is other way round my wife and I need help of sister-in-law. My sister-in-law is not dependant on us as her ex-husband support her.

Please I need to bring her here I do not know how much more we cope I am having mental breakdown so stressful and home office keep refusing they are wicked.

frustratedbrit

Re: PLEASE someone help us - critical situation!

Post by frustratedbrit » Tue May 26, 2015 12:23 pm

As far as I understand (I'm not an expert), I think you are right - for an EEA family permit the family member must be dependent on the EEA citizen. So unless you can show that she is, say, financially dependent on you, the only way for her to come into the UK would be on another type of visa. Have you considered a 6-month visitor visa for her? I think this would be fairly straightforward, certainly if she could show evidence that she has something to return to in Asian (e.g. a job/property) after the 6 months is up, and she could do this more than once if required (although would have to be out of the country when reapplying). Another possibility I suppose would be to move to another country with a more favourable visa system (be it inside the EEA or outside), but of course this would be a major upheaval for you.

inshallah4me
Newly Registered

Post by inshallah4me » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:07 pm

Please I need support my wife she be very unwell and we need sister here soon. I apply for visit visa twice and they refuse each time. Please someone help me I am desperate situation now.

frustratedbrit

Post by frustratedbrit » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:06 pm

What were the reasons they gave for refusing the visitor visa? Maybe I can suggest how to address their objections if I know what that are, and then you could apply a third time.

Have you considered moving to another EEA country, e.g. Spain? I know the upheaval would be traumatic at this very difficult time for you, but it might be a lot easier to get you sister-in-law there.