ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Office Address or Reference for Self Employed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

x2012
Newly Registered

Tax Office Address or Reference for Self Employed

Post by x2012 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:56 am

Hi All,
My apologies if this question has been asked already but I can't seem to find a clear answer.
I am filling out my application for naturalisation and I am stuck on section 3.5 that asks for:
Address of tax office or tax office reference

Where can I find this address or reference number?

I am self-employed and always have been since I started working.

Thanks in advance for any help.

boloney

Re: Tax Office Address or Reference for Self Employed

Post by boloney » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:30 am

x2012 wrote:Hi All,
My apologies if this question has been asked already but I can't seem to find a clear answer.
I am filling out my application for naturalisation and I am stuck on section 3.5 that asks for:
Address of tax office or tax office reference

Where can I find this address or reference number?

I am self-employed and always have been since I started working.

Thanks in advance for any help.
I'm sure I used my UTR number as reference number.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:56 am

Self employed applicants should be sending the most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

MrDodge
Newly Registered

Re: Tax Office Address or Reference for Self Employed

Post by MrDodge » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:56 pm

Sorry for resuscitating a 9 year old thread, but I've been puzzling over the same question as the OP, and Amber only seemed to provide an indirect answer.

I believe that the Tax Office Address and reference relate to the PAYE system. Therefore if the applicant is a self-employed sole trader operating outside of PAYE, then he/she wouldn't be given these reference details from HMRC. In this case the applicant should do what amber said: leave the box on the form blank and provide a Self Assessment Statement of Account from HMRC.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong!