ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accountant not a member of accounting body

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arnie365

Accountant not a member of accounting body

Post by arnie365 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:24 pm

Hi,

My accounting firm has provided all documents necessary to prove my gross and net earnings.
But it has declared that it is no longer a part of any accounting body; and hence provide me a letter of reference to prove its association with one.

What do I do in this situation?

rgds,
Arnie
rgds,
Arnie

arnie365

Re: Accountant not a member of accounting body

Post by arnie365 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:09 am

arnie365 wrote:Hi,

My accounting firm has provided all documents necessary to prove my gross and net earnings.
But it has declared that it is no longer a part of any accounting body; and hence provide me a letter of reference to prove its association with one.

What do I do in this situation?

rgds,
Arnie
Hi- correction,

My accountant firm says it could not provide a letter stating that its part of any accounting body,

What should I do in this situation?
rgds,
Arnie

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Accountant not a member of accounting body

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:51 am

What does it say on their company headed paper?
Edit: This is the official UKVI guidance:
"(iv) If the company is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant's certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognized Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006)."
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.