ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (LR) Same Day Services

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

SET (LR) Same Day Services

Post by janinah » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:04 am

Hi all,

I am planning to apply for ILR based on 10 years long Residence by same day premium services just before 27 days of completing 10 years. Now, i think i heard and also read from somewhere This same day service for only straight forward application. Otherwise, they will hold and take time as postal application. Now, my query is what is the meaning of straight forward application ??? Is there any defination by home office ? I am currently on tier 2, previously was on PSW and student visas. Never refused and only stayed 165 days outside uk within whole last 10 years.... Isn't straight forward case ??

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET (LR) Same Day Services

Post by UK007 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:40 pm

To me it's a straightforward case :lol:

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:48 pm

Thanks for the reply Man....

But what they actually mean by straightforward case ??? Is it means like someone refused, overstayed, appeal etc case ???

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:53 pm

janinah wrote:Thanks for the reply Man....

But what they actually mean by straightforward case ??? Is it means like someone refused, overstayed, appeal etc case ???

Exactly ! Appeal, hearing all these kind of issues I think :roll:

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:59 pm

Thanks 4 da reply again....

Then i hope i can take the same day service....before that next week Life in the UK test... Finger crossed...

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:53 am

janinah wrote:Thanks 4 da reply again....

Then i hope i can take the same day service....before that next week Life in the UK test... Finger crossed...

Good luck. Hopefully everything will be fine. Lets us know about your experience on same day service.
Did u buy any book for Life in the UK test ? I am planning to do mine soon, thinking - should I buy the book or just practice mock questions !

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:18 pm

I bought both books from ebay....finished both of them yesterday... First i read through guide then took test. I think if you go through 1 or 2 times you don't need any other book...

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:05 pm

Today LIUK Test completed... It was too easy... It takes less than 5 mins to complete....

Btw, How online booking service works for sameday service ? Is it only booking & full payment ? Then printed SET (LR) form with docs at same day service ? Or when making booking payment also need to submit whole SET (LR) form online and take the print copy of acknowledgement for the same day service day ? If that case then what date they will consider application day ? Date of online payment booking fay or the day i will face UKBA in person ??? Confused...

Any experienced person ??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:29 pm

Follow the link to book and pay for the appointment after you set up an account Here (Click)

You then complete the Set(LR) paper copy by hand. Take the form and your documents to the appointment, including your payment confirmation. If your case is straightforward, you should get a decision on the same day.

Date of application is the day of your in person appointment NOT the day that you book it online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:45 pm

Thanks Man.... Thats perfect answer !

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi,

Today i booked my appointment. Just found one thing..... Paid £1,900 but my card showing £900 amount... Little confused....checked twice... Both payment sheet & worldpay transaction email confirming £1,900. So, is it normal ? Will they take whole amount later or they made a mistake ? Any suggestion...
Another thing... About NHS charge. As i know there is no NHS charge applicable for ILR application. Do i need to register still for IHS ? Bcoz, in the payment sheet they asked about IHS...what i remember in the ukba site, somewhere i found no need to NHS charge for ILR, another page on the same site, if you ar exempt from NHS charge still need to register....

Can anyone clear my confusion ???

Thanks

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:07 pm

Sorry, 2nd one i think is cleared.... After going through again.... Found no need IHS reference no for ILR....

Anyway, still fee amount confusion stays...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:50 pm

You do not need the IHS reference number for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ronibduk
Newly Registered

Post by ronibduk » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:35 pm

janinah wrote:Sorry, 2nd one i think is cleared.... After going through again.... Found no need IHS reference no for ILR....

Anyway, still fee amount confusion stays...
Hi Jan

I am going to book appointment next month. Could you please share your experience like any difficulties to fill the form or online booking, what documents you are submitting etc. It will be a great help.

Thanks