ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jobs in Australia

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Afshin1000
Newly Registered

Jobs in Australia

Post by Afshin1000 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:56 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm considering immigration to Australia. There's a company in the country where I live that claims to do everthing in 1.5 years.
I'm just worried that I may not be able to find a job in the new country. Or at least a job that I like. I have a Ph.D and don't feel like doing jobs which are not in my field.
Does anyone know about the job market in AU?
Are there any AU-based companies that help in finding a job?
Are there any websites with lists of academic vacancies in AU?
Any info. will be highly appreciated.
Afshin

Moheb
Newly Registered

Post by Moheb » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:27 am

Hi Afshin

I'm Moheb, I was in your exact position 3 years ago applying for immigration to Australia and didn't have a clue how long it would take and how to do it, and especially if I can find jobs in my field (web designer) but now I'm here in Sydney and have my Aus passport and work as a webmaster woo hoo!

I've built a free website about Australia for immigrants, will answer all your questions on the forum on how to get here and what to expect

you can visit my free website anytime at http://www.FreeHegra.com

thanks and good luck with your immigration!

Moheb

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:01 am

Hi Moheb --

My apologies, but I have removed your web URL from your signature file.

Please refer to our site policies on this:

-> Announcements -> Policy change regarding member websites
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=10027

-> Announcements -> using this forum to solicit for or promote personal business
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=11812

Also, what we generally discourage is posting a general URL, such as you have done.

We prefer it if you post a direct link to a specific resource as part of the conversation in a a topic.

I've decided to leave the URL in your post because I hate being a Nazi about these sorts of things. Please understand, we have to keep some controls over our competition from using our services to promote their own business.

Also, your site appears to be more of a "hobby" site rather than a competitor, so ..... ;-)

Welcome and have fun!

the Admin

kal

Post by kal » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:08 am

very well said Mr. Administrator.
U should be a honest and kind person.

Cheers

kal

gumnut
Newly Registered

Re: Jobs in Australia

Post by gumnut » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:44 am

Afshin1000 wrote:Hi everyone,
I'm considering immigration to Australia. There's a company in the country where I live that claims to do everthing in 1.5 years.
--
Do what in 1.5 years? Process the visa?
---
I'm just worried that I may not be able to find a job in the new country. Or at least a job that I like. I have a Ph.D and don't feel like doing jobs which are not in my field.
Does anyone know about the job market in AU?
Are there any AU-based companies that help in finding a job?
Are there any websites with lists of academic vacancies in AU?
Any info. will be highly appreciated.
Afshin
Just about all the universities here have a career/job opportunities on their websites, so they would be a good starting point. And yes, there are a couple of academic/scientific recruitment agencies as well.

W