ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Darvesh » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:33 pm

i called up HO on 29-6-2015 to find out which dates of application are being considered..... i have been told that ILR team is not working this week which really shocked me (i thought operator is kidding :shock: ) as i thought how come ILR team is not considering any case when they might have so many cases awaiting consideration.

As there is no approval come through in last couple of week it sounds like the ILR team didnt work on any case for last two week.????

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:35 pm

hope 10 year rule is not scrapped like they did for PSW AND HSMP :cry: :shock: :?: :| :roll:

Darvesh wrote:i called up HO on 29-6-2015 to find out which dates of application are being considered..... i have been told that ILR team is not working this week which really shocked me (i thought operator is kidding :shock: ) as i thought how come ILR team is not considering any case when they might have so many cases awaiting consideration.

As there is no approval come through in last couple of week it sounds like the ILR team didnt work on any case for last two week.????

saady
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by saady » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:56 pm

SEL7 wrote:
UK007 wrote:
saady wrote:Hi guys,

Thankyou very much for your time. I will try to make it short and precise.

Date of entry clearance: 15/05/2005
date of entry in UK: 17/09/2005

Date when ILR is due: 17/09/2015 (able to apply 20/08/2015 as i can send my application 28 days prior to when my ILR is due)

Current visa status: was given tier 4 visa in september 2015 till january 2016 but because government wants to shut down every educational institute it touches. I have been given curtailment letter and my visa is restricted to 3rd august 2015 making me short of 17 days in order to apply for ILR.

Question: It also states on the letter that after 28 days from 3rd of august 2015, i will be considered over stayer > Am i right in thinking that i can utilize these 28 days to make up for the 17 days I require. Will it be a safe option?

1.Do i have any other options? I am cohabiting with EU partner, can it help me in any way, although i would rather avoid this route as much as possible.

2. Since i have been a student with no right of work, do i still need to show my financial records i.e bank statements etc.

Please guide!
Answer for Q1: From what I understand you can apply for FLR (FP) when your visa expires, by the time HO send you confirmation letter and Biometric letter, 17 days will pass. After 17 days you can apply for SET (LR) with a cover letter requesting to defer your FLR(FP) to SEL (LR).

Answer for Q2: For your SET(LR) only documents you need is "Life in the UK test certificate" & English Language certificate...
Yes the best thing is to vary your application after you meet the requirements.Why don't you have the right to work as a student? or was your last visa a visiting student visa?
The college was highly trusted sponsor with no right of work to give to its students.

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:17 pm

[quote="smir"]iTHINK

some politics is going to take place soon

since 2 days news are showing about illegal immigrants caught on lorry at dover plus some died

and Con(s) mps are blaming it on HUMAN RIGHTS ACT and want to replace it with british one

Yeah, slowing down of SET(LR) approvals did coincide with the recent embarrassing net migration figures. It might be a game changer.... Slowing down approvals at least at the beginning of this tax year will make the conservatives look better as if they are doing some thing while trying to figure out how to push forward the new immigration bill/policy that will discriminate all of us. I know and understand that these politics have always been around us with the press pursuing policy changes as though they were immigration judges LOL! As far as the Human Right Act is concerned there is little chance. It is a difficult process unless Cameron wins over the EU or leaves it completely. I don't know what will happen next but I hope I will here to witness the politics. Surely I agree with you smir!

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:33 pm

smir wrote:hope 10 year rule is not scrapped like they did for PSW AND HSMP :cry: :shock: :?: :| :roll:

Darvesh wrote:i called up HO on 29-6-2015 to find out which dates of application are being considered..... i have been told that ILR team is not working this week which really shocked me (i thought operator is kidding :shock: ) as i thought how come ILR team is not considering any case when they might have so many cases awaiting consideration.

Very interesting development. Legally they will need to give notice, don't you think? and are obliged to process all existing applications under set(lr)???

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:11 pm

SEL7 wrote:
smir wrote:hope 10 year rule is not scrapped like they did for PSW AND HSMP :cry: :shock: :?: :| :roll:

Darvesh wrote:i called up HO on 29-5-2015 to find out which dates of application are being considered..... i have been told that ILR team is not working this week which really shocked me (i thought operator is kidding :shock: ) as i thought how come ILR team is not considering any case when they might have so many cases awaiting consideration.

Very interesting development. Legally they will need to give notice, don't you think? and are obliged to process all existing applications under set(lr)???
it does not necessarily mean they wont process SET LR applications however may be delaying the processing somehow....

Mysterymeow

Post by Mysterymeow » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:51 pm

This delay makes me ever so anxious, what are they up to? Not processing applications this week - surely this must be illegal or something ...

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:38 am

Mysterymeow wrote:This delay makes me ever so anxious, what are they up to? Not processing applications this week - surely this must be illegal or something ...
Oh Yes , I lost 2 kg weight already of this stressful wait even though my application is not complicated. After receiving 2nd email on 22nd , I was hope there will be some thing coming soon but looking at above posts , we have to wait more than we are expecting.

Lets hope for the best Guys and we get approvals soon Inshahallah.

Regards
Khan

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:44 am

i have read some posts here which were afew months old and saw a pattern of break in approvals so i think its normal for them to take break(they could be working on other types of applications during break?).

Im hoping they will start working again and cheer us up with some approval...be positive and hope for best guys.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:38 am

Khan1980 wrote:
Mysterymeow wrote:This delay makes me ever so anxious, what are they up to? Not processing applications this week - surely this must be illegal or something ...
Oh Yes , I lost 2 kg weight already of this stressful wait even though my application is not complicated. After receiving 2nd email on 22nd , I was hope there will be some thing coming soon but looking at above posts , we have to wait more than we are expecting.

Lets hope for the best Guys and we get approvals soon Inshahallah.

Regards
Khan
One Approval on google sheet (FFORU). Kindly tell us about your case
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

batley12
Newly Registered

Post by batley12 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:32 am

Hi All,
Can i use PREMINUM SERVICE (ILR) for settlement under 10 year long stay residence........

Thanks,

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:31 am

batley12 wrote:Hi All,
Can i use PREMINUM SERVICE (ILR) for settlement under 10 year long stay residence........

Thanks,
yes, you can. you should use PEO rather play waiting game

Basra

Post by Basra » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:24 am

@all,
I have applied ilr(long residency) on 22nd April 2015 waiting for result,
Actually I was working in one Company in 2013 and there was a issue related with account and they issued a civil case against me in County court, last Friday on 5th June judgement issued against me.
When I was applied ilr I didn't mention any thing in my application because in application they just asked if you have any judgement at that time or before the date of application you must mentioned,,,,that time I have asked couple of lawyer they said you dnt need to mention in application because case is still going on and home office just asked about any judgement and that when you applied there was a no any judgement against you.so you dnt need to mention in application.
Secondly it's a civil matter between two people and home office asked about any judgement between you and any govt department like if you owe NHS money,council tax money,etc
Any case between two people regarding money issue it's not a relates with any judgment in immigration rules,,,
Please kindly advice anyone regarding their experiences.. Thank you.

Kartal23
Newly Registered

Post by Kartal23 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi is any 1 know how is same day visa process . Is that as slow as postal apply or not ? I will be appliying 12th of June and let you know guys about outcome .l have seen some people were gonna apply on same day visa 2 weeks ago and let us know about it however they haven't told anything . Please if some one got it on same day visa inform us about the result please

wings.007
Newly Registered

Post by wings.007 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:06 pm

Hello All Members,

I have been reading some posts for some days but I am still confused. My 10 years will be completed on 30th July 2015, I will book POA for my case.

Question is, can I apply 28 days before I complete 10 years, which would mean on 3rd July 2015, my current leave as tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa will expire in May 2016.

Well it does follow, would I be asked anything about my current leave i.e. Business, Clients, Job creation and funds etc. invested.

Your replies are greatly appreciated.

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:12 pm

My Human rights case is with FTT for permission to go in Upper Tribunal, Hope fully whatever happened I will touch 10 years in next August. So,if I withdraw my appeal and make a ILR application when I cross 10 years -if my ILR application refused shall I get any right to appeal?

I will appreciate for your comments

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:49 pm

meet2mustafiz wrote:My Human rights case is with FTT for permission to go in Upper Tribunal, Hope fully whatever happened I will touch 10 years in next August. So,if I withdraw my appeal and make a ILR application when I cross 10 years -if my ILR application refused shall I get any right to appeal?

if you had applied set (LR) outside Section 3C & 3D of the immigration laws I am afraid you wont have the right to appeal. I am in the same situation.

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:16 am

SEL7 wrote:
meet2mustafiz wrote:My Human rights case is with FTT for permission to go in Upper Tribunal, Hope fully whatever happened I will touch 10 years in next August. So,if I withdraw my appeal and make a ILR application when I cross 10 years -if my ILR application refused shall I get any right to appeal?

if you had applied set (LR) outside Section 3C & 3D of the immigration laws I am afraid you wont have the right to appeal. I am in the same situation.
if ILR refused what will be the option-Judicial Review??

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:56 am

meet2mustafiz wrote:
SEL7 wrote:

if ILR refused what will be the option-Judicial Review??
you can either give up or challenge the refusal by way of Judicial Review or re-apply based on human rights grounds. This is what i was told by my solicitor but wait for other comments to verify

Xam
United Kingdom

Post by Xam » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:11 am

Xam wrote:I submitted TOEIC test certificate when I applied for Spouse Visa in June 2012 , But I have done A1 from Trinity College and submitted to Home Office in the middle of October 2012 . Last week of October 2012 my Spouse Visa was approved .

I submitted SET(M) application in the beginning of October 2014 along with B1 ( Trinity College), Expired IELTS (6.0) and Expired A1 ( Trinity College) .
Im still waiting for the decision :(
what could be out come of the ILR application?

* Im spouse of British Citizen under old rule .
* we never claim any benefit .
* No criminal record .

Thank you in advance .

Hello Everyone , Please drop some advises regarding it :)
Thank you

kpatel
BANNED

Post by kpatel » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:57 am

Hi Friends,

I come in 01/2006 and now planning to apply for 10 year LR in 12/2015.
My wife come in 2009 as dependent now my question is if I get 10 year LR ILR what type of visa my wife can apply??
And visa any child born after my 10 year LR ILR visa??

Thanks
Kpatel

askhan
United Kingdom

Post by askhan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:55 am

kpatel wrote:Hi Friends,

My wife come in 2009 as dependent now my question is if I get 10 year LR ILR what type of visa my wife can apply??

Thanks
Kpatel

Hi Mate,

Your wife should apply FLR (M) .

Any kids born after your ILR, they can straight apply to MN1 naturalisation.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
A
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

kpatel
BANNED

Post by kpatel » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:19 am

askhan wrote:
kpatel wrote:Hi Friends,

Thanks
Kpatel

Hi Mate,

Your wife should apply FLR (M) .

Any kids born after your ILR, they can straight apply to MN1 naturalisation.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
A
Hi Friend,

Thanks for info.
FLR (M) is for extension of stay, How about ILR for my wife?? As she is here over 5 years in UK as my dependent.

Thanks
KPatel

askhan
United Kingdom

Post by askhan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:14 pm

On what visa she is currently on ?
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

kpatel
BANNED

Post by kpatel » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:24 pm

askhan wrote:On what visa she is currently on ?
2009-2011 dependent of old style workprmit
2011-2013 Main applicant of Tier4
2013-2017 currently on dependent of Tier2