ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2 airport Trouble

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amazighman

EEA 2 airport Trouble

Post by amazighman » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:43 am

Hi everybody.

I am a Family member of an EU Citizen with EEA2 card.
My wife and I just returned from holiday abroad and landed in
Gatwick airport...the UKBA officer decided to stamp my
Passport even if they have never done so for the last 3yrs.

I asked the officer kindly to explain why he stamped it as I have never got a stamp.he got rude and angry,asked me whether
I want to enter the UK or no.
I asked him that I never had stamp but he answered sarcasticly
And said now you have one..
I asked him for a supervisor but he told me to go out and ignored me totally.
Eventually I got hold of a supervisor who tried to explain that stamp will no affect anything and it is just a random thing they do from time to time...
I felt absolutely sad, he ruined my holiday mood.I only asked about the stamp he could have just asked me to see his boss....not to treat me like this in front of all passengers..

I was in many EU countries, all trouble free with my wife....most they stamped my passport, Spain seems they know the rules so they never stamped anything...other seem just like they are doing me a favor by letting me to enjoy a holiday in their land....

Any ideas will be much appreciated guys..
Many thx

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Re: EEA 2 airport Trouble

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:29 am

If strictly speaking then they should not place stamp but if frankly speaking then this stamp has zero harm. I will always suggest that on such minor things never argue with border officers because if they become nasty then they have more loopholes to disturb non-eu national and can easily screen out previous immigration history to find some weak point.

**NEVER ARGUE WITH THEM FOR MINOR ISSUES**

I am sure after this post many people when will awake then will repeatedly suggest to make complain :D :P
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:59 am

Agree. It's nothing to get upset about. The stamp is a nice souvenir. If it was in error, then it's worth much more than normal to a collector! Perhaps something to tell your grandchildren about. :lol:

Moreover, if they stamp every time on entry and exit, then it may be much easier to prove your UK residency for PR purposes. So, perhaps everyone should insist on being stamped.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:34 am

vinny wrote: The stamp is a nice souvenir. Perhaps something to tell your grandchildren about. :lol:
:D :D

But in many EU states are more worst especially in Eastern Europe sides they do stamp and they have very bad ink which deface/damage the visa and other pages because stamp & Ink always stays fresh as they only use for non-eu nationals. Always tell them to not to stamp on RC or page near RC and if they stamp then do not fold passport so quick and let it to dry. UK stamp & ink is highly better than others which not damage.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:11 pm

vinny wrote:Agree. It's nothing to get upset about. The stamp is a nice souvenir. If it was in error, then it's worth much more than normal to a collector! Perhaps something to tell your grandchildren about. :lol:

Moreover, if they stamp every time on entry and exit, then it may be much easier to prove your UK residency for PR purposes. So, perhaps everyone should insist on being stamped.
Whilst it may be 'nothing to get upset about', it is not in line with the regulations and, therefore, should not have happened.

You know what the regulations say: "(3) An immigration officer may not place a stamp in the passport of a person admitted to the United Kingdom under this regulation who is not an EEA national if the person produces a residence card or permanent residence card" (http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006 ... on/11/made). This is also specifically mentioned in Article 5 of the Directive.

I would be writing a letter of complaint to say that, not only did the office act against the Directive and relevant UK transposition, but they were also rude and sarcastic. I understand why the non-EEA national might be wary of arguing back at the border, especially if they were not accompanied by their EEA family member, however, they can still put through a complaint when they get home. The first thing I look for when I go up to the immigration desk is a number/other identifier that I would be able to use should I ever have to complain.

I am waiting for the day when they try to stamp my non-EEA civil partner's passport so I can pull out the legislation and educate them. Unfortunately (kinda), the immigration officers in Belfast are quite aware of the rules and have never even as much as asked him a single question beyond where I was, even when he has arrived by himself. He has an RC too.

amazighman

Post by amazighman » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:53 pm

Thanks for the advice guys.
I was not rude , I only asked him to explain about the stamp as I have never had one in UK.

I feel like its too far from being fair for us EEA family members...everywhere I go I get questioned, asked, and looked at like a illegal migrant project tho I am just on holiday.

My wife tried to inquire from the supervisor about why I never had stamps for 4 years now as only to have one now?what has changed? We only asked to be educated that's all.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:16 pm

Like officer to officer i think it also depends on UK airport to airport. But no country in Europe follow 100% to the EU directive. If any EU country place stamp on entrance then its always best to voluntarily get your passport be stamped on departure from there. Just like that if some of the EU countries place stamp on your passport then in my point of view getting it stamped on UK airport is better even if they are not going to stamp it.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:33 pm

vinny wrote:Agree. It's nothing to get upset about. The stamp is a nice souvenir. If it was in error, then it's worth much more than normal to a collector! Perhaps something to tell your grandchildren about. :lol:

Well it may be nothing for the O P to be upset about, but the fact remains that it is an unlawful act and they are precluded from doing it by both national and community law.

The action of the immigration officer seems rude .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

amazighman

Post by amazighman » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:39 pm

Thanks Obie...
Well, I wouldn't have minded the stamp ,but I feel sad because I have been dealt with in a very unprofessional way.I have been told after the stamping whether I want to enter the UK or leave and this is intimidation and treath.

To be honest I was in many EU countries, I had stamps twice, I challenged the officers once, but they nicely explained their side of the story and that is it.
Spain never stamped my passport, UK never did for 4 years so I found it strange to stamp this time that's why I asked him a simple question ...