ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) B1 Eng

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

msunmy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

FLR(M) B1 Eng

Post by msunmy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi Guys

Is it acceptable for dependant FLR(M) to submit proof of Eng B1 instead of A1, so wouldn't need to sit for Eng again at ILR,?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) B1 Eng

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:23 pm

As B1 exceeds A1 I would expect so, insofar as the test is on the approved list.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

msunmy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by msunmy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:20 pm

Hi Amber

The person I am enquiring for, is concerned that AI, B1, etc. lapses after 2 years and not sure whether previous claim could be made in 5yrs for ILR (as allowed with degrees).... But, why is something that is permanent is being restricted to 2 years? Another exploitation of the immigrants? :idea:

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:34 am

Expiry dates will not affect applications for settlement (ILR) if used in a previous application.

Do realise that in 5 years time, the rules can easily have changed and the qualifications acceptable now may not be acceptable in 5 years time. The current SELT (introduced on 6 April 2015) had a major change accepting only two qualifications (IELTS & Trinity) from the multiple ones that are on the transitional list. My other half did a Cambridge ESOL test in late 2014 and we had our PEO at the end of May. This qualification is no longer on the current SELT list but is on the transitional list so was good to use until 5 November 2015.

The idea of preparing for the future is a good one but with the HO always changing the requirements is becoming unpredictable as to what will be accepted. So far, only the LIUK seems to be future proof test. So its a good idea to get this one done now.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

msunmy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by msunmy » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:54 pm

Thanks WR1,
I am thinking they could ask for the 'purpose' and disallow sitting B1 for FLR(M), to maximise profits: as clearly segmented on Trinity's website- (un)fortunately, I'm unable to experience this and advice, and I wish someone who had, could tell..

Regards

Tahakhan
Newly Registered

Post by Tahakhan » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:21 pm

Hi,
Could some one share experience of friends who used B1 instead of A1 on FLR (M) application. I have also same understanding that B1 is advanced then A1 and therefore can be used as evidence.

regards,

Taha

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:40 pm

The Trinity GESE Grade 5 test is fine to use for FLR(M) as it is currently a home office approved test (at time of writing) and Level B1 is higher than Level A1.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

msunmy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by msunmy » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:33 pm

Hi Guys,

Someone just told me that the 2 years limitation is when if the Eng. Cert is not used within 2yrs and that one would be able to make previous claim if the level had previously been achieved.

Hence, content of the B1 and is just ''speaking and listening''
1. I wonder if HO excludes UK GCSE from the need to sit the exams (assuming I have over 18 dependant who has passed and applying for FLR(M)
2. How do the HO arrived at ''speaking and listening'' evidence expiring?
one of those unreasonable harshness on those that chose to follow the law/be legal, I think.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:16 pm

msunmy wrote:Hi Guys,

Someone just told me that the 2 years limitation is when if the Eng. Cert is not used within 2yrs and that one would be able to make previous claim if the level had previously been achieved.

The HO have confirmed that if the test has been used in a previous application, then expiry dates will not apply.

Hence, content of the B1 and is just ''speaking and listening''
1. I wonder if HO excludes UK GCSE from the need to sit the exams (assuming I have over 18 dependant who has passed and applying for FLR(M)

No. GCSE or A' Levels are not acceptable alternatives. You would need at least a Bachelors Degree.

2. How do the HO arrived at ''speaking and listening'' evidence expiring?
Dates will be specified on the certificate.

one of those unreasonable harshness on those that chose to follow the law/be legal, I think.

sushildelhi
Newly Registered

Post by sushildelhi » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Does a depend child over 18 need Life in the UK test and English test requirements when apply for ilr on 10 year basis. If so. What is the best English test should be completed for ilr?
Thanks