ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In Country Application - Can dependents apply later ..

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iahsan

In Country Application - Can dependents apply later ..

Post by iahsan » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:37 pm

I am on Tier-2 Genral visa valid till September 2016 and consequently my dependents are on a PBS dependent visa.

I am now switching jobs and to start the job asap, I want to apply via the same day application for myself and later on (asap) apply for my family (dependents) via postal route. The reason for this desire is the cost of application, my dependents have no urgency and can apply and wait via the postal route, I on the other hand want (so does the employer) to start asap.

I have been told by friends and colleagues that it is doable/possible as long as it is done within 90 days.

Is this the case? Any reference is possible?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: In Country Application - Can dependents apply later ..

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:37 pm

You should apply for your dependents within 28 days of expiry to avoid a gap later on to meet the 5 year residence requirement.

Also depends on how long your dependents have been in the UK, but you can apply after your visa is granted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iahsan

Post by iahsan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:23 pm

CR001 wrote:You should apply for your dependents within 28 days of expiry to avoid a gap later on to meet the 5 year residence requirement.

Also depends on how long your dependents have been in the UK, but you can apply after your visa is granted.
Thanks CR001,

Apologies for being naive, the doubt in my mind is that if I apply for my new Tier-2 with my new employer, lets say TODAY via same day application and get it, what will be the status of my dependants, lets say, TOMORROW; as the Tier-2 visa they were dependent upon no more exists, although their BRP says its expiry is September 2016?

What you reckon is that, I should apply for their NEW PBS Dependent visas within 28 days after I get my NEW Tier-2 visa, correct? meaning 28 days is the grace period I have.

Not sure how it is related but since you asked, my wife is in UK since 12-2009 and I have 2 kids, both born in UK.

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 pm

Their current visa remains valid until expiry. you can apply for an extension T2 Dependent visa 28 days before expiry. There is no rule about applying 28 days after you change your visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

avi

Post by avi » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:36 am

Hello Cr001,

Thanks a lot for your reply above. I am in a similar situation and was wondering if you have found any reference in the guidelines that the dependents doesn't need to reapply for change in sponsor of the main applicant.

My spouse has her visa valid until July 2017 from my previous sponsorship and she came in the country last year July 2014. However, i have changed my employment recently and my visa is valid till June 2017 as well. It is a grey area and i couldn't find any guidelines in UKVI.

Please let us know.

regards

Avi

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:18 pm

Hi all,

I am in a similar situation as my dependent visa expire on Feb 2017, but I am changing my visa soon.
The question is; if my family traveled outside the UK on the old visa, will they be allowed to enter the UK again on the old visa?
Or they need to change the visa before travelling for a holiday outside the UK?

regards
Mohamed

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:52 am

From what and to what are you changing your visa?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

iahsan

Post by iahsan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:41 pm

vinny wrote:From what and to what are you changing your visa?
Hi Vinny,

I am applying from Tier-2 General to Tier-2 General, in other words, only changing employer.

Kind regards

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:58 pm

vinny wrote:From what and to what are you changing your visa?

From Tier 2 into Tier 2 with different employer!
I have called the home office yesterday & today.
Yesterday I have been told that I need to change the visa for my dependent whenever I switch into the new visa.
However, Today I have been told the opposite. I have been told that my family can remain on old visa as long as it is vaild!

Any one can advice!

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:39 pm

Any Answer please?

kritimodi
Newly Registered

Post by kritimodi » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi, has any one found a perfect answer for it? Do we need to apply for dependent visa within 28 days if I change the sponsorship and get new visa? or it depends on if I am travelling outside UK, I need to reapply otherwise I can stay back on old visa.