ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment requirement calculation

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

YouKTier
United Kingdom

Employment requirement calculation

Post by YouKTier » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:57 pm

Hi guys, I have a doubt regarding the employment. I have employed one full time staff member for continuous 12 months and regarding the other two full time staff: one worked for me for 3 months and other staff worked for me for 9 months. Based on what I have mentioned, does this scenario fulfill the requirement as wanted by the UKBA?

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Employment requirement calculation

Post by Olasunkanmi » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:18 am

@ YouKTier, you should be fine as you have employed 2 full-time worker for 1year each as stated in your post regardless of the fact that the second job was a combination of 2 other full-time workers who both work for combined 12months .
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Dasistfact

Post by Dasistfact » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:18 pm

What if I employ one person for 4 months and the other for 20 months, will this qualify for extension? As in the guidance they say that under transitional arrangement it is acceptable to employ 1 person for 24 months or 1 for 18 month and the other for 6 month.

YouKTier
United Kingdom

Post by YouKTier » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:08 am

Thanks Ola

Dasist, am not sure about that but I dont see any reason why it shouldnt qualify as it almost matches the few examples given on the guidance. If am wrong hoping someone will correct on this. Mix and match of various periods is fine I guess.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:53 pm

Dasistfact wrote:What if I employ one person for 4 months and the other for 20 months, will this qualify for extension? As in the guidance they say that under transitional arrangement it is acceptable to employ 1 person for 24 months or 1 for 18 month and the other for 6 month.

@ Dasistfact, yes you can do that.

Check Tier 1(Entrepreneur) Policy Guidance version 04/2015 - Page 29 of 74

Transitional arrangement – people who successfully applied to enter the route before 6 April
2014 may continue to employ:
a single worker for 24 months; or
one worker for 6 months and one for 18 months; or
four workers for six months each
and still meet the requirements when they apply for extensions and for settlement. Anyone applying to enter the route on or after 6 April 2014 must create employment for at least two separate people and the jobs must exist for at least a full 12 months
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Ali7602
Newly Registered

Post by Ali7602 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:21 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:
Dasistfact wrote:What if I employ one person for 4 months and the other for 20 months, will this qualify for extension? As in the guidance they say that under transitional arrangement it is acceptable to employ 1 person for 24 months or 1 for 18 month and the other for 6 month.

Transitional arrangement – people who successfully applied to enter the route before 6 April
and still meet the requirements when they apply for extensions and for settlement. Anyone applying to enter the route on or after 6 April 2014 must create employment for at least two separate people and the jobs must exist for at least a full 12 months
Hi Olasunkanmi,

Thanks for this information. Can you also please tell us that Can we count Employee's Salaries as a part of investment?

Regards

Dasistfact

Post by Dasistfact » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:24 am

Olasunkanmi wrote:

What concerns me is that "or" in the guidance. Don't you think that under transitional arrangement they only left strictly 3 options that can't be mixed 24, 18+6 and 6+6+6+6?