ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal of the Tier 2 General Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Re: Refusal of the Tier 2 General Extension

Post by ravisb_2014 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:56 pm

@Jack,
Manci has already answered your query. 3545 does not come under shortage occupation list and you need to pay £601 for less than 3 years if applied before 6th april, 2015. Prices may be increased after 6th April and NHS surcharge will be applicable. Hope that helps.

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:39 pm

Dear Manci and everyone who knows, are there any estimations on the cost of application for Tier 2 General after the 6th of April please? I am applying with my husband and want to be financially prepared. My Sponsor applied for an urgent CoS but UKVI answered that my case isn't urgent as my current leave expires on the 29th of April, they said if we dont get CoS by the 14th than it will be urgent. If anyone knows at least approximately how much will the fee go up to from the original 601 pounds, i will be very grateful,

Thank you in advance,
Maggie

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:55 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 15-to-2016
plus £200 p.a. health surcharge both for main applicant and dependant

Malarvizhi
Newly Registered

Post by Malarvizhi » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi Manci
While filling dependent online application i found this.
Do you have a biometric residence permit?
I found three answers.
1. Yes, I have a biometric residence permit
2. No, I had a biometric residence permit for my most recent leave, but I do not have it now
3. No, I did not have a biometric residence permit for my most recent leave

He(My husband) has only UK entry clearance visa. No BRP.
Please advice what to do now? Should I click option 1. and enter the entry clearance number starting 00... instead of BRP number.?
or else choose the option 3.?

Please gurus advice in this. Much appreciated if anyone help in this.

Thanks
Malar.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:10 pm

option 3.

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:22 pm

manci wrote:You need to check what the form is at the time you apply.

Remember that the £40,700 salary is for a 39 hour working week, if you work more than 39 hours you'll need pro rata more.
Thank you Manci for your help. Can i ask you please 2 questions:

1/ My sponsor informed me that our Sponsorship license end date is 10 July 2015 & Licence renewal opening date is 12 April 2015 - will that still be ok to get a new CoS for up to 3 years work for me under the code 1132? We can not wait for a new license at the moment, as my current leave expires on the 29th of April.

2/ We applied on 25 March for a new CoS and no answer yet, but my Sponsor said that in SMS system under "Request renewal of annual allocation" there is a note that we have a limit of 1 and assigned to date 1 Certificate expiring 05 April 2015. I guess that's the one that was assigned to me with a wrong salary code originally and for which i got refusal. Does it mean i wont be able to re-apply? Or do we still stand the chance to get a new CoS before my leave expires as my Sponsor authorized me for the new £47,900 for 39 hrs work/week for code 1132.

Thank you so much,
Maggie

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:59 pm

magelenn wrote:
manci wrote:You need to check what the form is at the time you apply.

Remember that the £40,700 salary is for a 39 hour working week, if you work more than 39 hours you'll need pro rata more.
Thank you Manci for your help. Can i ask you please 2 questions:

1/ My sponsor informed me that our Sponsorship license end date is 10 July 2015 & Licence renewal opening date is 12 April 2015 - will that still be ok to get a new CoS for up to 3 years work for me under the code 1132? We can not wait for a new license at the moment, as my current leave expires on the 29th of April.
not a problem

2/ We applied on 25 March for a new CoS and no answer yet, but my Sponsor said that in SMS system under "Request renewal of annual allocation" there is a note that we have a limit of 1 and assigned to date 1 Certificate expiring 05 April 2015. I guess that's the one that was assigned to me with a wrong salary code originally and for which i got refusal. Does it mean i wont be able to re-apply? Or do we still stand the chance to get a new CoS before my leave expires as my Sponsor authorized me for the new £47,900 for 39 hrs work/week for code 1132.
they need to apply for an unrestricted CoS allocation for 2015/16
Thank you so much,
Maggie

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:50 am

Dear Manci, UKVI gave my Sponsor permission for CoS allocation increase and we were told CoS can be assigned after the 7th of April
I am re-applying for Tier 2 (Gen) up to 3 years visa this week with the new rules. I have registered for health surcharge and the total for me and my husband is £1,200 - is that for 3 years? Do you know if that's refundable if the visa isnt issued?

I also uploaded the 6 April 2015 Code of Practice and my job 1132 is now paid at £47,900 for 39 hours, so if my Sponsor assigns this to me, there should be no issues i presume.

And last question, the application costs now £1051? Am i correct? So it went up so much from £601?

Is there anything else new which i should know before applying? Has the monthly maintenance amount increased from £900?

Thank you very much,
Rose

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:53 pm

the nhs fee is refundable if the visa is refused.
the 1200 is for both, you and your wife for 3 years.

I have also noticed that on the paper form it says the fee for visa is £1051. I personally think this is wrong, as everywhere else on the website it says it has gone up to £651.

Have you tried online form to check the fee? I will suggest calling UKVI for this fee issue.

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:09 pm

iworker wrote:the nhs fee is refundable if the visa is refused.
the 1200 is for both, you and your wife for 3 years.

I have also noticed that on the paper form it says the fee for visa is £1051. I personally think this is wrong, as everywhere else on the website it says it has gone up to £651.

Have you tried online form to check the fee? I will suggest calling UKVI for this fee issue.
dear Iworker, thank you for your answer! I understand paper applications are made in person as its a premium service. Therefore, if i want standard service i can only apply online https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... r2-general is that correct?

Thanks,
M

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:15 pm

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:15 pm

Dearest Manci,

Can you please help. My Sponsor couldnt assign a newly allocated CoS this week because I was told they input in SMS:
Gross salary including any allowances and guaranteed bonuses: 35000 (for the job 3545 Sales Accounts and Business Development Manager)
and for the Gross allowances and guaranteed bonuses included in the above figure, they have put 0.00

the system doesnt go through, do you know how to ensure that it does assign a new CoS please? Should they just put any amount there?

Thank you very much!
Maggie

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:09 pm

it is not for you to teach the sponsor how to use the SMS. The guide is here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11_14.pdf

if they have any questions about the operation of the SMS they should call the UKVI helpline: 0300 123 4699

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:15 am

Thank you Manci. My Sponsor assigned me a new CoS and a fresh application was sent last Monday 13 April. I attached a letter of explanation about the error in the previous application and also mentioned that they kept all my documents apart from passport (original Uni Certificate, Police Registration Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Bank Statements etc.) since my last application made on the 5th of March which was refused due to non compliance with the SOC salary. Do you think it's a normal practice they kept it or was I supposed to have retrieved them first before re-applying?

My Sponsor issued CoS for the SOC job 3545 Sales Accounts & Business Development Manager and put my current salary of £35K for 39 hrs of work as per my employment contract. It's been over a week and i still haven't received Biometrics letter. Should i be worried or it can take longer?

Thank you so much,
Maggie

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Thu May 28, 2015 3:04 pm

Thank you everyone for your help!!!! Finally I got an approval today for me and my spouse for an extension of the Tier 2 Work permit. Here is the timeline if someone needs:

Tier 2 Work Permit expired 20 April 2015

13 April – after refusal, my sponsor got a new CoS & I sent new application with reference of paid immigration health surcharge
23 April – Biometrics letter arrived
24 April – Biometrics submission sent
11 May – UKVI Letter saying that i've missed the deadline for administrative review
12 May – Sent back an explanation letter that i declined an administrative review
28 May - Got my T2 General visa + Dependant visa approval

:) :) :)

irina421
Newly Registered

Post by irina421 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Hello,

Can you plesae advise regarding the below. It really important and urgent and hope you can advise.

I made application on 03-Apr-15 to switch from Tier 1 post-study work to tier 2 general. at the time of application the entry-level salary applied as per exception on Code of Practice. I was paid 22.5k

I was initially contracted to cover maturnity leave so my initial contract was for 1 year and several months and my visa was issued from April 2014 to August 2015. Now I stay with the same company and do the same job and need to extend my visa. The employer has issued a CoS for my current salary 26k. Do I still qualify as entry level? My job code is 2429 and per code of practice and salary level there for new entrant is 24.3k and 29.4k for professional level. So I get through as entry level but not at professional level.

My employer thinks that it should not be a problem as I could not realisitcally have salary raise in one year from entry level to professional level. However it does not say it clearly on any guidances.

Would my application be approved at salary of 26K? Is there any infromaiton I need to advise UKVI about?

More info: i am currently 27 years old (born 15-Jul-15)

Thank you very much.It is really urgent and important question and hope you can advise.

venkat76
Newly Registered

Post by venkat76 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi

I had Tier2 General Visa and came to UK in 2013
The extension was applied on 6th Mar 15 which has been refused on 30th April 15 (My current visa expired on 3rd Apr 15)
Administrative review was applied for on 11th May and the decision was upheld on 5th June 15

So i need to leave the country in next few days (14 days from the day of decision)

Can you please advise if there is any way i can still continue and appeal (appeal was not mentioned in the refusal review letter)
or can i be able to go for a judicial review
or can i get a new CoS assigned and apply for
or can i go out of UK, get a new CoS and then apply afresh

The bank for whom i work are very much interested to keep me and provide as much as help they can
they are happy to sponsor as well

Please let me know any options available asap as i have very less time to stay in UK