ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child registration as a british citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aaslam
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Child registration as a british citizen

Post by aaslam » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:19 pm

Hi,

I have gone through this post. Can some body help me. I was on Tier 1 for Five years. My Wife and Son got dependent visa in 2012. We got our ILR in Feburary 2015 this year.

My wife is living with me from 2012 but my Son is studying back home in Pakistan. He is 9 years old. From 2012 he just come in school holidays and go back. He is living with his grand mother back home. We got ILR together but now few people are saying that he must have to live and study in this country before i will apply his naturalisation next year in feburary. After our ILR he went back to pakistan for his school but came back in 78 days. He is here now with me on his summer holidays.

If i keep him here can i apply his naturalisation with me in Feb 2016.
Or he can get anytime without spending continuous time in UK.

I will appreciate if some body advise me on this.

Thanks

sagareva
BANNED

Re: Child registration as a british citizen

Post by sagareva » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:41 pm

aaslam wrote:Hi,

I have gone through this post. Can some body help me. I was on Tier 1 for Five years. My Wife and Son got dependent visa in 2012. We got our ILR in Feburary 2015 this year.

My wife is living with me from 2012 but my Son is studying back home in Pakistan. He is 9 years old. From 2012 he just come in school holidays and go back. He is living with his grand mother back home. We got ILR together but now few people are saying that he must have to live and study in this country before i will apply his naturalisation next year in feburary. After our ILR he went back to pakistan for his school but came back in 78 days. He is here now with me on his summer holidays.

If i keep him here can i apply his naturalisation with me in Feb 2016.
Or he can get anytime without spending continuous time in UK.

I will appreciate if some body advise me on this.

Thanks

their guidance says that for a child this age, length of UK residence is not as important

you can certainly try registering, they will always access interests of the child, and in case of two parents becoming citizens this will probably be pretty clear for a child this age

this is always at discretion

it is desirable that he live here at least at the time of registration
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**